PDA

View Full Version : Pine lake

fly Guy
01-10-2010, 09:19 AM
It has been years since i have fished pine lake. I remember non stop perch action. Most of the perch were very small, and it would be rare to get a keeper. I would really like to take my two daughters there, larger fish(pike, walleye) are to much for them to handle. I am not intersted in keeping perch, just want to get my two girls some fishing action.

Has the perch action changed over the years?

fluxcore
01-10-2010, 09:31 AM
It has been years since i have fished pine lake. I remember non stop perch action. Most of the perch were very small, and it would be rare to get a keeper. I would really like to take my two daughters there, larger fish(pike, walleye) are to much for them to handle. I am not intersted in keeping perch, just want to get my two girls some fishing action.

The perch action in there can be hard to pinpoint but the walleye and pike usually make up for it. here are some pics from my summer in there, dont forget to give them a kiss now and then

fluxcore
01-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Here are some more If you look close you cant tell where Im fishing, the biggest one of the year was over 6lbs And ive lost two that were bigger then that................. Good Luck

Gumbi
01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
nice lookin walleye, we did good on pine this year to with walleye.
phyllis lake is a good place for a perch and rainbows.

WayneChristie
01-10-2010, 05:35 PM

what part of the province do you live in or are you willing to drive to?

CountryRoadz
01-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Anyone happen to know the average ice thickness at Pine Lake? Any watch outs? Hows the fishing? Hoping to head out this upcoming Saturday.

Thanks

CR

tbosch
01-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Anyone happen to know the average ice thickness at Pine Lake? Any watch outs? Hows the fishing? Hoping to head out this upcoming Saturday.

Thanks

CR

I was out yesterday and the two spots we drilled had around 16" or so of ice. There is still some flood water on the ice south of leisure but I rode through it on the quad and had no issues. There were vehicles all over the lake. The fishing was fairly slow we landed a few jacks and missed a few more, didnt have any luck with the perch. Hope this helps.