PDA

View Full Version : IceGator

Dougie55
01-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Well, it seems to be another case of 'buyer beware'...
Was told my unit would be here by the 7th. Since I had heard nothing, emailed a few times and finally phoned again about my order. They are now sold out of all units until at least early February, and then the units will be going out on an 'as ordered' basis. No one told me that when I ordered a month ago, and they completed my billing. Since the season will be mostly over by then, and the way they have done their business, I will change my plans.. and hopefully my credit card company will cancel the transaction.
I have heard nothing but good things about the units these people sell, but knowing retail sales a bit, I have to ask why this has happened.
Yes, they probably did not expect the amount of sales..and yes, they probably did not have the staff to deal with the amount of orders, BUT, no company should take your money, and promise a delivery if they can not honor what they state. Emails are not answered, and I will no longer waste long distance phone charges on the issue.
No matter how good this product is, I, for one, will not deal with them again.
Hopefully the others that ordered have had better luck.

camshaft
01-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Doug

Have u actually spoken to Greg or Dee? The reason I ask is cuz I got an e-mail from them last week which was a response to my order hopefully being shipped prior to the end of Dec.
I was told that their supplier sent them the wrong springs, and as a result, they wudnt get them till Monday (tomorrow). More orders are to be shipped out tuesday according to them.

I wont comment on whether I'm in the same predicament as u, but from what I have read, their customer service is very good. Keep in mind, they likely only have the 2 people completing the orders. Id say they are doing pretty well for a 2 person operation.

Guess we'll see come this week. I sure hope I'm not waiting till some time in Feb :(

tchow
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Doug

Have u actually spoken to Greg or Dee? The reason I ask is cuz I got an e-mail from them last week which was a response to my order hopefully being shipped prior to the end of Dec.
I was told that their supplier sent them the wrong springs, and as a result, they wudnt get them till Monday (tomorrow). More orders are to be shipped out tuesday according to them.

I wont comment on whether I'm in the same predicament as u, but from what I have read, their customer service is very good. Keep in mind, they likely only have the 2 people completing the orders. Id say they are doing pretty well for a 2 person operation.

Guess we'll see come this week. I sure hope I'm not waiting till some time in Feb :(

Look at the bright side..... the next time December rolls around, you'll be ready with the "Gator !!" :lol:

slingshotz
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I haven't heard yet about my order, I should probably call them up and see where its at. Hope they are not a victim of their own success.

Dougie55
01-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Camshaft,
Talked to Dee, and know the situation about the springs, but she isn't sure about the supplier. She does promise we will be some of the first orders sent out, but no promises when. If they can't get the springs it could be a long wait.
Hope not... I realize it is a small company, and they seem like nice people, but to take so many paid orders when you do not even have the parts in stock is kind of silly if you ask me.
I guess I am just getting frustrated.