PDA

View Full Version : fish radar or fish tv?

J-C
01-10-2010, 06:58 PM
which one is more useful? i know the radar is better for deeper water but i'd like to know other opinions.

Dougie55
01-10-2010, 07:00 PM
This is a discussion that has been on here a lot. You might want to use the search feature..
My opinion is a sonar.

kostianych
01-10-2010, 09:03 PM
both....sonar and TV

sonny
01-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I have used both flashers and cameras for years both have there place, but the camera is my choice , for i can see the fish, i can see how fish respond to the bait, jig that i put before the fish. I have learned more about walleye fishing using a camera than than i ever could of by using a flasher.
I have fished in 40+ ft. of water with the camera, at Grassy Lake no problem, With the flasher you do see fish in all the water depths from surface to bottom of lake , plus when water is stained a flasher still marks fish , it is a personal choice when making the decision to buy. Good Luck.

Wulfespirit
01-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I prefer a flasher. Cameras are fun and can be very useful but when you add up the time it takes to set it up, it's limitations in deep/dirty water, and the fact that it can spook fish, the flasher would definately be my choice if I could use only one.

calgarygringo
01-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Remember camera is for entertainment and radar shows you where they are. I have both and usually prefer the camera as tends to wake us up when things appear to be quiet up top but not below.

hockey1099
01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I have never used a flasher and therefore do not know what it offers. Personally i use my portable fish finder. Works quite well for marking fishin all depths. What advantages does the flasher offer over a fishfinder?

fisherwoman
01-10-2010, 10:48 PM
We have an Aqua View 5 and we love it. It is great to see what is happening down there. It has 50 feet of line, so it can be used quite deep. It is true, it is not good in murky water. It also is hard to keep the camera pointed were you wanted as you have to twist the cord just right to point it. Once you have it pointed where u want it, it usually stays there though. I do agree, the camera down the hole might scare away smarter fish. But then again I have had some pike try to eat it rather than my bait:rolleyes:
It does have lights on it, so that is nice for when it is dawn/dusk.
The best part about the Aqua View is the ability to put it down a test hole. Then I know how deep it is, what kinda structure is around and so on.
I have never used a flasher or fish finder, so I can't tell you anything about them.