PDA

View Full Version : Hard water fishing around Lethbridge

lyons6
01-10-2010, 07:39 PM
hey everyone I am new to the lethbridge area and I am looking for some good hard water pike and perch fishing. I have a couple of guys at work that would like to try ice fishing (including the boss) so it would be nice to get out on the hard water with a decent bite on. Not asking for any ones honey holes just general areas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DustDee
01-10-2010, 09:25 PM
There's a couple places right in town: Henderson Lake, Nicolas Sheran. Just north of town is Park Lake. You can head east of town to Stafford Lake or Chin Lake, or head south to St Mary's.

fisherwoman
01-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Of course this is just my personal opion of these waters from fishing them. And I am no expert on fishing, just a hobbyist.

Henderson Lake- Tones of small pike, few perch (although I have never caught perch there, just seen them in the summer).

Nicolas Sheran- huge varity of fish, I have caught pike and brown trout there but I know there are also perch, brookies, and whites there. And maybe the odd rainbow, I have heard.

Park Lake-Lots of small pike, BF caught a really nice pike last summer.

Stafford Lake- Never had any luck there, but I hear there are pike and Walleye.

Chin Lake- Good luck here, especially in the spring. Large Walleye, pike and white fish.

Best of luck!

npauls
01-10-2010, 11:15 PM
There is also ridge resevoir, keho, picture butte res., jensen res.

Where do you guys work and what days are you looking to get out? weekdays or mostly weekends? I try to get out every weekend to a couple places and would be more then happy to show you guys some spots that might produce half decent for you guys.

pm me a few days ahead of time if you would like me to show you around

Nate

Skshunter19
01-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Caught a 18 inch perch out of nich sheran this last summer no bs

Wes_G
01-20-2014, 05:56 PM

LOL..... :bad_boys_20:

flyguyd
01-20-2014, 07:26 PM

Lets see the pics:sHa_shakeshout:

I like lookin at giant perch

npauls
01-20-2014, 07:28 PM

I think you had a spelling mistake. I don't think there is suppose to be a 1 in front of that 8. :thinking-006:

LCCFisherman
01-21-2014, 06:53 PM
I've seen em in nic before. GIANTS!!

WayneChristie
01-21-2014, 07:15 PM
only place Ive seen perch chowing down on big pike! :scared0018:

Skshunter19
01-22-2014, 11:13 AM
I think you had a spelling mistake. I don't think there is suppose to be a 1 in front of that 8. :thinking-006:

That was probably the biggest fail ever. Meant to say pike, we did catch a 13 cm perch though