PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake (by Strathmore)

Savage270
01-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Any signs of life under the ice?

Been trying to get there since freeze up, but still haven't been able to make it yet. I see a few people there once in a while. Hopefully this weekend I will get there.

Any ideas on where to try?

nicemustang
01-12-2010, 10:15 AM
It's not worth your time. Very dirty, murky, stinky water, very low levels, and a big waste of time.

Renslipevol
01-12-2010, 07:16 PM
I thought It was worth a try too this weekend since Im so close. I was talking to a guy who pulled some big pike outta there, but that was a number of years ago. Guess I have to look for another spot.

nicemustang
01-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Years ago yes, today = no.

Kingfisher
01-12-2010, 09:41 PM
I always wonder about how much seepage there must be from the feed lots on the NW corner of the lake? Am I alone on that thought? I'm curious to hear what people think about it.

Rob

harley65
01-13-2010, 05:04 AM
It's not worth your time. Very dirty, murky, stinky water, very low levels, and a big waste of time.

x 2 on that !!!

The Elkster
01-13-2010, 11:51 AM
The one and only time I fished the lake was in the spring during snow melt one year and it was disgusting. The amount of animal waste washing into the lake was disturbing. I'm generally not super picky but I wouldn't keep a boot outta that lake.

JustinC
01-13-2010, 12:24 PM
There is lots of fish in this lake.I have never ice fished it though. Where were you fishing?

CountryRoadz
01-13-2010, 01:33 PM
If you think the fish from a local grocery store not to be mentioned tastes like crap. Eat something out of Eagle Lake. It for a number of reasons will taste like S**T.

Keep driving down the road to CVR or word has it Chestermere has produced a few.

Good Luck

CR

pikester
01-13-2010, 02:03 PM
I always wonder about how much seepage there must be from the feed lots on the NW corner of the lake? Am I alone on that thought? I'm curious to hear what people think about it.

Rob

You're definately not alone on the cow poo seepage thing, that lake is disgusting! The last time I even had a hit in that place ice fishing was 4 yrs ago. From what the locals tell me that place was pretty good (and much cleaner) about ten yrs ago.

uglystickman
01-13-2010, 04:37 PM
8ft of nasty green water in the very middle and no fish. If u wana stay close to calgary try chestemere, lots of pike but no big ones