PDA

View Full Version : Heading south of Calgary

Crusty
01-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Just some info. Stopped at the truck stop in Nanton yesterday to get fuel. They have done some store reno's and once again have bait & tackle. Haven't had any for probably fifteen years. Anyone have some luck at Clear or Pine Coulee on the weekend?

Little Valy
01-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Was at Clear on sunday.4 on in first half hour.One on as we were packing up.Landed zero.

sir pikealott
01-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Was at PCR a week ago at night. Did fairly well. Biggest Burb was 23". A bit slower than the reports a month ago, but fun none the less.

Crusty
01-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Thanks. Was wanting to try either this weekend but with the warm weather the ice could be pretty sloppy.

grant
01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Was out at both Clear and PCR yesterday. 4 hits at Clear, 2 at PCR...not one landed. The ice was terrible at both. No snow on it and real slick. Smacked my head real good running to a flag. I would reccomend ice cleats or some clip ons.

On another note, there was about 30yards of open water under the bridge at PCR. Is this normal this late in the season?

The Fisherman Guy
01-13-2010, 01:50 PM
We stopped in at Twin, Clear and PCR on Sunday afternoon. After my third attempt at fishing Twin, we left with no bites or fish, AGAIN! I'll leave that lake to the people that know how to fish it :)

We left Twin, and headed to Clear. There was a decent amount of people out, including a kick***** jacked up tiger van! Anyone here know who runs that beast?
Fish were biting, all told we iced two, and had maybe 5 flags pop. There was a group in the North-Centre of the lake who were bringing in Pike every 5 minutes. All the same size, but consistant fishing.

We left Clear and headed to PCR, and fished in front of the boat launch, with limited success. Two burbs for a couple hours fishing, yeah, it was slow!

Next time, I am taking the group to my spot on PCR to get into some consistant ling action!

Be careful, as other members said, the ice is deadly slippery right now out at PCR. Bring cleats, or studded boots.

Good luck!

Jimboy
01-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Was out at both Clear and PCR yesterday. 4 hits at Clear, 2 at PCR...not one landed. The ice was terrible at both. No snow on it and real slick. Smacked my head real good running to a flag. I would reccomend ice cleats or some clip ons.

On another note, there was about 30yards of open water under the bridge at PCR. Is this normal this late in the season?

Are you sure its open , or just melted snow on top , was there monday and lots of melted snow made it look like open water , ice was still 20 in thick below.

Drano
01-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Are you sure its open , or just melted snow on top , was there monday and lots of melted snow made it look like open water , ice was still 20 in thick below.

Father in law was at clear and he said there is 4 inches of water on top of the ice.

denpacc
01-13-2010, 07:19 PM

Last year I noticed open water under the bridge almost every time I went out there, except when it was a very cold spell. And it appeared that the water was "open" and not just water on the ice. Be careful there. For the record I didn't go and step on the "open" water to test it...

Cheers