PDA

View Full Version : Lower K Report.

Logan
01-12-2010, 08:59 PM
So I headed out to Lower K with a couple of guys today in search of some Bullies. We went to our usual spot by the inlet spillway only to find that they have drained about 6-7ft of water out of the Lower and the edges have dropped and cracked allowing water to seep through and not only flood but open up the edges and melt the ice making access to dangerous to get on the lake from that point at this time.

We were there exactly a week ago and there was lots of snow, and about 16" of good hard ice with about a football field sized open spot, the open spot is now about 3x's that size.Now all the snow on the lake is pretty much melted making for some pretty slushy stuff on top, there is also about 4"-6" of rotten ice on top in places but still up to 12" of good hard stuff under it. But with the warm weather in the forecast I would say things are gonna get much much worse before they get better there ice wise.

So we finally fished the opposite end at the rock dam to try to get away from the wind, we fished in everything from 80ft up to 15ft with 3 guys and 2 Marcums the only fish we seen were 2 Bulls in 15ft of water and both were caught and brought out of the same hole in about 5 mins. That was all we seen in about 7 hours of fishing.

Fishing was slow slow slow, and to top it all off my 10" Jiffy doesn't wanna cut for some reason, and one of the blades fell off my 8" Finbore and I watched it flutter 80ft down to the bottom of my hole on my Marcum so we had nothing to cut ice after about 10 holes.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo.

tchow
01-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Great report Logan. Lower K can be hit amd miss at times.
Maybe swing by tommorrow sometime and we'll take a look at the Auger.

Sir Landsalot
01-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the report Logan. Hoping to get out there myself soon and give it a try.
:)