PDA

View Full Version : careful out there

pecker
01-13-2010, 05:50 PM
a friend of mine has fished clear lake 5 times since freezup . the last time he was out there was tuesday the 12th. he said there was a couple inches of water on the ice and they lost about 4 inches of ice . thats from 16 down to 12 inches of ice since the chinook hit . could be thinner in some spots . CAREFUL in southern alberta.;) :wave:

redneck posse
01-13-2010, 06:08 PM
heard someone went through the ice sat at battle.

Fishfinder
01-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanx for the heads up. Guess I'll stay off the SSR till it cools back off! I reckon there's still a few wandering Sturg around here still right now. N they're calling my name:D:D

Drano
01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
a friend of mine has fished clear lake 5 times since freezup . the last time he was out there was tuesday the 12th. he said there was a couple inches of water on the ice and they lost about 4 inches of ice . thats from 16 down to 12 inches of ice since the chinook hit . could be thinner in some spots . CAREFUL in southern alberta.;) :wave:

Thanks for the heads up.:wave::wave:

fishunter77
01-13-2010, 10:54 PM
The lakes in Northern AB have not had much change during the warm spell.

Everyone should still be careful out there. Especially if you don't know the lake.

goldscud
01-13-2010, 11:13 PM
There was open water along the rocks on the west side of the bridge at Pine Coulee last Saturday

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
01-14-2010, 12:01 AM
There was open water along the rocks on the west side of the bridge at Pine Coulee last Saturday

OHHHHHHHHHHH :evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin: SOUNDS LIKE A ROAD TRIP I GOT MY CASTING ROD .

fishunter77
01-14-2010, 12:14 AM
BBJ,

You will have to drill 25 holes close together to do some trolling.:) at least you won't have to run that far!!:lol:

Good luck and Good fishing.

oagie
01-14-2010, 05:39 AM
heard someone went through the ice sat at battle.

Battle has springs and is always sketchy regardless how much ice there is. You need to know the safe spots on that lake.

marlin4570
01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Went to Nicholas Sheren, west side of Lethbridge on Tuesday. A cop showed up and told me ice was unsafe. 14 inches of ice! I think some one forgot to check ice thickness!!

uglystickman
01-17-2010, 11:25 AM
I was out on clear lake yesterday with my truck, I was the only vehicle on the ice but it was at least 18inches thick. Always be careful though, walk out and drill test holes. A few bites and only one small one landed. Slow day watchin people come and go. Someone left a 2ft x 3ft hole in the ice and their wood cover blew away, so look out! Don't cut big holes please!

pecker
01-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I was out on clear lake yesterday with my truck, I was the only vehicle on the ice but it was at least 18inches thick. Always be careful though, walk out and drill test holes. A few bites and only one small one landed. Slow day watchin people come and go. Someone left a 2ft x 3ft hole in the ice and their wood cover blew away, so look out! Don't cut big holes please!

thanks for the update on clear -- nice to know theres still lots of ice. just have to wait for the weather to stabilize so they start biting . :) :wave: