PDA

View Full Version : marmish rod

lilsundance
01-15-2010, 10:37 PM
You guys that have them what kind of line are you using with them. And what marmish lures are best for perch?

Hiflyer
01-15-2010, 11:23 PM
I use 4lb flourocarbon, doesn't kink or curl, I also use the Marmish 'Larva'
jigs sometimes with a maggot. Used it last Sat on Sherberne caught 3 10" perch in about 1 hr. (Fishing was kinda slow) Little rod worked amazingly well.

Paul C
01-16-2010, 12:47 AM
You guys that have them what kind of line are you using with them. And what marmish lures are best for perch? Please check out the thread under marmish rod. It will provide you with answers you seek.:D

lilsundance
01-16-2010, 10:59 AM
thanks guys. I had forgotten about that other thread. Went and re read the whole thing.

WayneChristie
01-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I am a converted sceptic!

oagie
01-16-2010, 07:45 PM
I tore up the perch today with one. The key is the spring bobber. And you can put one on any rod. I would stay away from the Marmish lures. They are real expensive. But if you do get some, I like the maggot tipped with a real maggot or perch eye.

WayneChristie
01-16-2010, 07:58 PM
I tore up the perch today with one. The key is the spring bobber. And you can put one on any rod. I would stay away from the Marmish lures. They are real expensive. But if you do get some, I like the maggot tipped with a real maggot or perch eye.

I like a size 12 wireworm with the Gulp maggots, seems to work great. Tied some with phone wire.

Paul C
01-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Marmish device works well. Fiskas makes a good one and is 30% cheaper and will work on a wide range of medium to light weight rods.
:D Cheers