PDA

View Full Version : Snipe Lake -Need info for trip this week

Hooked on Fishing
01-17-2010, 01:19 PM
:confused:

ice
01-17-2010, 06:14 PM
The only things iv heard, Is That the ice is thick, And the fishing is slow.

tatonkagp
01-17-2010, 07:03 PM
the fishing isn't so slow that you get skunked. What type of fish are you going to target I might be able to help. Everything except walleye.

Tikka300
01-17-2010, 09:47 PM
some info on perch would be allright. I might try this lake in the next couple weeks, I have never fished it but sounds like its worth a try.

GummyMonster
01-18-2010, 06:33 AM
I was there a few days ago.
I've only ice fished on the north side of the lake,around the campground,boat launch area.Seem's to be a good starting point.
Whitefish were CLOSE to shore , only a few feet of water right by the weed beds to the right of the boat launch. As far as hooks,they seem to change their color preference day to day.
Perch - seemed to be more a little deeper, right at the bottom in 8 - 12 ft water
Pike - cruising all over this area hooked two on panfish sized hooks for whites,now thats a fight!:lol:
Walleye - I know their in there, but I haven't targeted them,so no info from me.
Ling - supposed to be a few, heard stories of 15+lbers but haven't seen that.
Hope this helps you get started
Good luck
:evilgrin:Ken:evilgrin:

Alberta Redneck
01-18-2010, 10:17 AM
I was out there on saturday, 10 of us actually. I would have to say it was slow, like realy f'n slow. 2 Jack between all of us. I hope you have better luck. I saw some guys catching whites to the right of the boat launch, other than that not much action.

The Fish King
01-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Ive always had wayyyy better luck on the south side in winter. Pulled a 20 pound pike outta there last winter and we saw some absolutely huge whitefish cruising around

thunderjet
01-18-2010, 08:08 PM
The south side of Snipe is better for perch, I have and know lots of people that fish in or just outside of the weeds for huge perch. Turn east at the store and go about 3 miles and you will see a government road allowance onto the lake.

Travel east to where the just about 300 yards to where a private boat launch is built. There are springs in this area and seem to be many big perch, whites and pike.

Perch are hit and miss, if you find them though you are in for a good time. The north west corner over in the big weed beds there is also good.

Have caught many big pike and some nice walleye over in front of the water plant south of the government boat launch about 1.5 miles.

Hope this helps

Hooked on Fishing
01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Thank you everyone for advice. It will be very helpful. We will be trying for perch, whitefish and pike. Haven't been able to get out ice fishing for quite some time so are looking forward to the trip. Will let you know how we did when we get back.:):):wave::D