PDA

View Full Version : Burnstick ice report?

nicemustang
01-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Has anyone been to burnstick lately? I was wondering ice conditions. It was terribly crappy last time I drove by with lots of flood water and little good ice. Thinking of hitting it up Friday. Would like to know ice thickness and snow report (I assume lots may be melted). We likely won't drive on but we will need to be able to take the quad to get to some of our spots. Any info is appreciated.

BlueNorther
01-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I was there on Saturday, there's about 18 inches of good ice. Not a lot of snow, didn't need the 4WD to get around. Once we found the fish we had good action all day, mostly small ones, the biggest were 7 inches.

TroutHunter
01-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Was also there on the weekend. East side by the campground was pretty sloppy. West side was good though as previously said about 18" of good ice. No problem for a quad!

nicemustang
01-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Great thanks. If there is that much ice, don't need quad. Just need the truck LOL. How much snow was there? Last I heard (before warm snap) there was over a foot.

Full Curl
01-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Was there this afternoon. Didn't measure the snow or ice but I would say 16-18" of ice and maybe 4-5" of snow. Took my 4 year old son out and we hammered the perch for a bit and the kid landed a pike. 6 lbs give or take. Pretty nice for Burntstick. Perch were mostly 6-7" with a few 9-10". Awesome 3 hours in the sun.