PDA

View Full Version : Headn' to Pigeon, Whats goin on there?

shorthair ptr.
01-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Be home from work in a few days, planing on going fishing at Pigeon. I have some tags to fill. I fished there last year for the first time and did OK. I have heard that the weather has been warm and from what I read the ice is a bit sloppy, but what is going on out there for eyes? I wouldn't mind trying my luck at the whites also as I have never tried or cought one.

fishunter77
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
I will be heading out for whites on Saturday to pigeon. I have not tried pigeon this year.

Good luck if you make it out.

thunderjet
01-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Was out on Pigeon Sunday, the ice was good, not much snow over by Provincial Park. Only caught 2 walleye but had lots on the camera. Fished west of the point about 1/2 mile.

shorthair ptr.
01-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Was out on Pigeon Sunday, the ice was good, not much snow over by Provincial Park. Only caught 2 walleye but had lots on the camera. Fished west of the point about 1/2 mile.

Thanks for the info. I am still green to ice fishing in Alberta and on Pigeon so any info is good. I would like to explore the lake more and last year I went twice and both times off the prov park. Any other places to try? And where is a good place to look for whites?

BH1
01-18-2010, 10:20 PM
http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=50085
these guys did really good for whites... no idea where they were fishing there though... also I heard the ice is good the majority of the spots, but lots of slushy top water which is easy to get stuck in and spots that have weak, ice.... so good luck and watch were you go:wave:
bh1

jacob1202
01-19-2010, 02:47 PM
for walleye head out southeast of mulhurst just off the first point... ull nail walleyes all day there... ull even catch whitefish there...they come into that shallow bay to feed