PDA

View Full Version : Cold/Marie lakes

AthaB282
01-21-2010, 03:06 PM
finally saw some whites at marie lake some big ones around 4-5 pounds, got two small ones arounda pound put them back to get bigger the rest were not too interested in anything i used, so I went to cold lake, within 30 minutes of setting up I caught a nice fat 17 pound laker, its in the brine now to be smoked. It had someones herring bait in its gut hook marks and all. gave some of the others a few suggestions, 1 oz bucktail, anchovy, take the head off the anchovy hook it to the big hook through the top of the back and the stinger hook at the tail, drop to the bottom, and bounce let it sit, every 5 minutes moderatly reel in around 25 turns then drop back... lost one within 5 minutes and got the big one 20 minutes later. if anyone has any questions feel free to message me Ive probally pulled 20 keepers and released 3 times probally lost 5 times that in the last two years using the method i mentioned.. was there last week and caught 6 in just over a hour keeping one around 10 pounds gl tight lines

JFK
01-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info never had the pleasure of catching a laker on hard water:wave:

-JR-
01-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the story . Have a big Question ! Edmonton is out of anchovies where did you find yours ?

DeanP
01-21-2010, 10:25 PM
All the local Esso stations and Sobeys at $10.99 for 8. Kinda expensive, but worth it!

AthaB282
01-21-2010, 10:33 PM
cold lake may have some, edmonton has to have some its a monster city lol which way you coming through? st paul sporting goods may have some, lac la biche has them, imperial oil on highway 55 has smelts, 5 inch herring will work just as good

338Bluff
01-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Marie whites are usually wormier than H-E- double tooth picks!:)

It's usually smokin' for big burbs right now.

Nice laker. I gotta get out there this year. Been putting it off too long