PDA

View Full Version : snow on gull

fluxcore
01-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Just wondering how deep the drifts are on gull and if its car accessible

pikester
01-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I can only tell you about Brownlows because I was there on Thursday. Some very solid drifts up to a foot deep. As long as you try to avoid the biggest drifts & don't stop on a drift there shouldn't be any problems if you have a truck. As usual there are lots of well packed ice trails so with a car if you're not getting off the beaten path, there is no reason to get stuck.

Haven't heard anything about Sunnyside or Wilson's but it's been my experience that the East side of the lake gets more snow & drifting.

BH1
01-23-2010, 06:50 PM
not to sure exactly where we were fishing, but we fished somewhere on the north western side of it. It was ok after you went through boat launch it got pretty drifty, plus some drifts seemed to form with the snow and wind, but someone got out there with a little car... so if u know what ur doing you should be good.

338Bluff
01-23-2010, 07:01 PM
go to birch bay. You can pretty much walk out to where the whitefish and perch are. Did well on Pike and perch about 2 weeks ago, 100 yards out from the boat launch. Saw a few whites. Guy beside us caught 4 a 2:00 in the afternoon. Perch were nice size. Pike were keepers, but not anything to brag about. Only kept one, put the rest back.

pikester
01-24-2010, 12:44 AM
go to birch bay. You can pretty much walk out to where the whitefish and perch are. Did well on Pike and perch about 2 weeks ago, 100 yards out from the boat launch. Saw a few whites. Guy beside us caught 4 a 2:00 in the afternoon. Perch were nice size. Pike were keepers, but not anything to brag about. Only kept one, put the rest back.

How deep is the area you're talking about & is it sandy or muck & weeds?

Wulfespirit
01-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Just wondering how deep the drifts are on gull and if its car accessible

Hey Flux,

You'll be able to spot the problem areas... but if you plan on hitting Brownlows or Sunnyside, you should be alright.. there's very well packed trails there. When you park off the trail, just make sure it's on a relatively thin snowed spot.