PDA

View Full Version : Hows the North?

BH1
01-26-2010, 07:50 PM
planning a trip to slave or snipe lake... as well as other lakes around there. fishing weds to sat this week. Any tips on whats working, where at or other lakes to try.
thx in advance
bh1 :wave:

RedFisher
01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
here's two pike i pulled out of snipe earlyer this month...

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=50892

had a great day.. landed quite a few out of snipe..my buddy went to lessar slave.. hammered the eye's... landed somthing like 50 in one day.. not sure what part of the lake though

BH1
01-26-2010, 08:01 PM
srry is the ice is good to drive on/ or is thick that i need an extension yet/ hows the snow on the lake will i need a skidoo or will a truck do. :lol:\

RedFisher
01-27-2010, 12:03 AM
at lessard slave you might need and extension.. my buddy took his.. not sure if he had to use it... and at snipe well... i made it on with my jeep..but im 4x4 with a 6 inch lift and some pretty nobby tires....watch for the drifts my buddy got stuck pretty bad and was not fun...

firegod74
01-27-2010, 12:08 AM
srry is the ice is good to drive on/ or is thick that i need an extension yet/ hows the snow on the lake will i need a skidoo or will a truck do. :lol:\

I was told that Slave Lake by Canyon Creek has about 2.5 feet of ice. Lots of ice shards to watch for. Also the Canyon Creek bar has steak night on Fridays so if the fishing sucks you can still leave the lake with a full belly.

GummyMonster
01-27-2010, 05:37 AM
Was fishing Snipe, by the campground last week, Fishing was medium. Had no problems driving out on the lake. Ice was about 2 1/2 feet thick. Good luck.
:DKen:D

ice
01-27-2010, 07:15 AM
I Was at Utikuma a few weeks back. The Fishing was pretty good. If your gona go there it should be to target Pike We caught quiet a few. We managed 2 keeper walleye's(Caught about 4). 1 perch 1 whitefish. both worth keeping but just put them back. and Nice jacks 1 over 10 pounds. a good spot to start Would be right out front of Km 88 in the morning. Progressing to the Big island in the afternoon. (We didnt catch a whole wack here but it was more productive when it slowed down out front of km 88. Progress back to Km 88 when it starts getting later. Im not experienced with this lake. but that worked for me.
Also the ice is thick. lots of Heaves. Probobly should Bring and Ext. Just in Case! this ice was prob 2 - 2.5 feet when we were there.

BH1
01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Right thx everyone for the input we're heading to the lake as I type. I'll post tomorrow on how the day went.
Thx again bh1 :wave:

BH1
01-28-2010, 06:08 PM
well we went out today to slave left just before sun up. Fished Joussard, wasnt too good, we fished between the locals shacks like lots suggested but saw 7 eyes, 1 white, of the 7 eyes got 3 to the ice and two where keepers:D. thinking tomorrow that where gonna head to canyon creek area on slave, snipe lake or head to winigami lake tomorrow any thoughts on which one would be best. Thx again
bh1:wave:

GummyMonster
01-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Good luck,
we are going to Winagami on Saturday for my 5 year olds birthday trip (special trip with hom , mom and dad only!)
Please keep me posted if and where you have luck tommorow there or snipe lake as we are open to Snipe if the bite is better.
Thanx in Advance,

BH1
01-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Will do , have you been to Winigami earlier this year? We just heard good things about the perch :cool:. But then again heard some really good things about snipe... no matter where we end up ill post back.

GummyMonster
01-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Morning,
We went camping to Winagami in the fall, saw a few really big walleye , and good pike caught near the boat launch.
I fellow that seemed to know said the perch fishing was really good but you needed a boat to find them, with hardwater, you might have a good chance.
I have read about the odd 2+ pound perch being caught there, so you never know.
90% sure we are going to winagami unless someone posts that the fishing is great at snipe before saturday, want our birthday boy to have good luck and I was told last week that there are lots of small to medium pike to be caught at winagami, so I'll keep you posted.GOOD LUCK !!

3jetboat
01-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Hey Red Fisher do u work at Millar?