PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall

Looper
01-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Good morning,

I am from Vauxhal and have been having a few slow days at Newell. Wondering is anyone has been having any luck at Enchant, Grantham, 12 Mile, Lost Lake, Marshes, Bow River, Williams, Travers, Stone Hill, Scope, Lost Lemon (Mckee), Macpherson Coulee, Aquaduct pond, Kitsim, or Badger?

Thanks

WayneChristie
01-27-2010, 07:16 AM
welcome to the forum Looper. Enchant is always good, the rest have been slow the last few weeks, but the pike are starting to pick up again, according the the CO I talked to last weekend they will be feeding good again starting in February, so soon I hope. Lost Lemon, I asked on the forum about it before, I found it last summer and dont have a clue whats in there, can you provide me with any info? Thanks.

Dr.D
01-27-2010, 09:30 AM
welcome to the forum Looper. Enchant is always good, the rest have been slow the last few weeks, but the pike are starting to pick up again, according the the CO I talked to last weekend they will be feeding good again starting in February, so soon I hope. Lost Lemon, I asked on the forum about it before, I found it last summer and dont have a clue whats in there, can you provide me with any info? Thanks.

lost lemon use to be a great fishery with lots of pike and just about every thing else but as far as i know it winter killed last year I did not fish it this summer but I know 3 guys who did and these guys all have had geat luck in the past but did not even get a bite this summer to bad it was one of my favorite lakes to fish and produced my biggest open water pike at 22lbs:(

keljay
01-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Good morning,

I am from Vauxhal and have been having a few slow days at Newell. Wondering is anyone has been having any luck at Enchant, Grantham, 12 Mile, Lost Lake, Marshes, Bow River, Williams, Travers, Stone Hill, Scope, Lost Lemon (Mckee), Macpherson Coulee, Aquaduct pond, Kitsim, or Badger?

Thanks

There was a thread on here about Kitsum the other day I think. I can't seem to find it now though. Is Aquaduct pond the same as the old Brooks Aquaduct? I too am interested in trying it out as I here there are perch and trout.

Edit: [URL="http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=50616"[/URL] here is the link to the thread.

WayneChristie
01-27-2010, 10:03 PM
There was a thread on here about Kitsum the other day I think. I can't seem to find it now though. Is Aquaduct pond the same as the old Brooks Aquaduct? I too am interested in trying it out as I here there are perch and trout.

Edit: [URL="http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=50616"[/URL] here is the link to the thread.

Pike got in and ate everything else :D

WayneChristie
01-27-2010, 10:05 PM
lost lemon use to be a great fishery with lots of pike and just about every thing else but as far as i know it winter killed last year I did not fish it this summer but I know 3 guys who did and these guys all have had geat luck in the past but did not even get a bite this summer to bad it was one of my favorite lakes to fish and produced my biggest open water pike at 22lbs:(

Id never even heard of it before , just happened to find it while out exploring. I will check it out again when the ice is gone and see if I can find anything left. Pretty quiet out that way, I dont think it gets fished much from what I saw.

keljay
01-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Pike got in and ate everything else :D

I don't believe you Wayne!!!;) I'll probably never make it up there though anyway. I'm trying to find a spot other than Enchant that has 'bows and perch in it. My buddy is obsessed with trout, and I'd like to catch some perch.

Looper
01-28-2010, 03:20 AM
i'm going to go try it. That pond was awesome a few short years ago, and if the pike got in and ate everything there is gonna be some huge snot rockets in there..:)

WayneChristie
01-28-2010, 07:13 AM
probably at least lots of little pike, til they finish the other fish :) The pond in Brooks is stocked I believe, dont know if anyone ice fishes it or not tho. Keljay I catch at least one rainbow every time I fish Enchant, and usually see more. Some arent very big tho.

keljay
01-28-2010, 07:24 AM
I keep telling my buddy that, and he is slowly being convinced to try it out. But, after I told him about me getting skunked there twice he's a little leary.

WayneChristie
01-28-2010, 07:49 PM
I keep telling my buddy that, and he is slowly being convinced to try it out. But, after I told him about me getting skunked there twice he's a little leary.

dude if you can get skunked thru the ice, I really dont know what to say :lol:any sort of hook, even plain with a Gulp maggot, jig it like you mean it. I usually dont get my hook to the bottom when I start, the perch are a pain, you have to pull the hook away from them when the trout come around. The rainbows seem to circle a few times if they dont hit it right away, but they stay interested it seems. Biggest one I had on(Trout) was on a bead head nymph right under the ice.

keljay
01-28-2010, 08:45 PM
lol, well so far I haven't been skunked on the ice. Well lets not count the beast of Brookie down at Spruce Coulee that barely got away!!! Might give Enchant another shot this week or maybe next weekend.

WayneChristie
01-28-2010, 10:19 PM
i'm going to go try it. That pond was awesome a few short years ago, and if the pike got in and ate everything there is gonna be some huge snot rockets in there..:)

Im thinking of maybe giving it a try in the morning, ended up having friday and saturday off this weekend. Saturday I have a moby to catch at Clear