the flight path of the arrow ? I ask because
I was told that once you hit the 310fps+ mark
it's quite hard to get FIXED blade BH's to
fly properly.
OR..
Is speed irrelevant and it all goes back to
the huge kettle of: bow tuning, arrow weight,
FOC, vane helix, arrow length and spine,
how you hold your tongue, . . . . . . . . . ?

BowhuntAB
01-27-2010, 11:03 AM
I think with a well tuned bow, the correct arrows, a good quality broadhead and good shooting form you shouldnt have any issues at high speed. I'm shooting Montecs at 325 fps and they fly like lazers. I have buddies that are shooting under 300 with fixed blades and are having bad flight due to the bow not being tuned correctly.

Blackwolf
01-27-2010, 12:29 PM
I am very old school. Speed kills!!

I in my opinion believe you need to tune your bow, and your arrow to the bow and the bow to the person shooting. I also utilize everything the bow has to offer, safe but not compromising for further tollerences, like keeping the arrow length about 1/2" off rest, instead of 4" like some like. I also firmly believe in the IBO's specs of 5 grains for every pound. This should give you close to the bow's speed rating.

I am glad you tune your fixed broadheads to your speed, it is generally hard to do @ high speeds. There is some very nice broadheads designed for such speeds but I do not have any experience with them. So I'm not going to comment on them. I picked up some 75 grain "Grim Reapers" and they shoot exactly like my feild points. I don't have any first hand experience with them for use on big game, but they mangled my target, I can only imagine what they will do on big game.