PDA

View Full Version : Icegator finally here

Dougie55
01-27-2010, 10:49 AM
:):) For those that ordered around the same time...mine just arrived..

camshaft
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Well done Doug

Hopefully the wait was well worth it. Mine cleared customs on monday, hoping it arrives at my door today sometime :)

Give us a review when u have a chance to punch some holes. What are u pairing it with again? 8" fin-bore 3 myself.

Dougie55
01-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Hopefully will get out tomorrow. Will let you know. I am paired up with the same.
Doug

Hunter Trav
01-27-2010, 03:40 PM
I was just using mine at lunch on the local trout pond. Your gonna love it, I know I do...:D

Ken07AOVette
01-27-2010, 06:16 PM
This thread is useless without videos :wave:

slingshotz
01-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Mine didn't arrive today :(

Anyone know a good place in Calgary that has experience sharpening curved auger blades? Since the blades are naturally curved I don't think I can use a regular auger sharpening tool.

Dougie55
01-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Out for a couple hours at a local pothole. All I can say is WOW.. This machine is FAST... No video, as I was by myself, and did not want to try and set up the system.
Goods....
Fast as hell..
Quiet
No pressure at all required on the auger.
Reverse cleans out hole really well.
No gas etc..that is a given

Bads(for me anyway)
A LOT of torque. With my artificial knee, even with my spikes on, the initial cut, and the breakthrough point, out a lot of pressure on the body. Not a lot more than my old power auger that I can remember, but enough to let me know to be totally stabilized before use. (Although slower, might use 12V more often than the 24V)
It is still as heavy as most power augers if the power pack is on it. Nice and light with cables to battery.

Will have it at the Gull Lake gathering in case anyone wants to try it out.

So far though...love it!!

Mudslide
01-28-2010, 06:46 PM
For blade sharpening try Carbide saw sharpening in Bowness.

Dougie55
01-28-2010, 06:49 PM
That would be a tad too far go for sharpening for me...Thanks for the info, but don't like advertising like that without asking.

Mudslide
01-28-2010, 07:27 PM
"Thanks for the info, but don't like advertising like that without asking."

Don't worry is wasn't meant for you anyway.

"Anyone know a good place in Calgary that has experience sharpening curved auger blades?"

I wasn't advertising, just trying to help out someone who asked. I've had work done there and they have been good cheap and very helpful. I don't have shares in the company.

camshaft
01-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Mine is sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick up. I will have it out at Pine on Saturday in case anyone wants to come by and say hi and give it a test. We'll be in a blue clam nanook.

I shud be able to post a vid or two that day.

I drilled a bunch of holes by hand using the fin-bore, and wow, what a nice hand auger. It should cut thru like butter with the gator. :)

Dougie55
01-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Mudslide,
My deepest apologies...I must not have caught the last part of Slingshotz posting. I spoke when I should have should have read back first.
Again, sorry about my comment.
Doug

spurly
01-28-2010, 09:18 PM
What is the cost of these Gators? thanx

Mudslide
01-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Hey Dougie55
No problem, that's what I figured, but thanks for apology. I don't like unsolicited advertising either. I think I might get a gator myself next season. I like to buy stuff on sale off season so I'll have to suffer with my jiffy stealth for the rest of this season. I also heard the new lighter batteries will be cheaper next season as well. I'm glad you like the Ice gator. Thanks for the review.

Dougie55
01-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Spurly,
$389.95 US plus about $15 Gst, etc. Total was $428.72 Cdn. Probably will be on sale after the season, but not sure.
Mudslide,
Thank you for being so gracious. As I mentioned, anyone at the Gull Lake gathering that wants to try it out will be free to do so. Anyone else that sees me at one of the other lakes are also more than welcome to try it out.
Doug

Hunter Trav
01-29-2010, 10:54 AM
They are sold out right now, I was looking at their updated website and it looks like they sold out of everything...lol For those looking to get one for next year, buy early, I'm glad I did...

Hunter Trav
01-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Mine is sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick up. I will have it out at Pine on Saturday in case anyone wants to come by and say hi and give it a test. We'll be in a blue clam nanook.

I shud be able to post a vid or two that day.

I drilled a bunch of holes by hand using the fin-bore, and wow, what a nice hand auger. It should cut thru like butter with the gator. :)

I was hoing I was going to be able to join you guys tomorrow, but my youngest got sick last night, so I may not be able to now. We'll see how it goes...