PDA

View Full Version : Unknown lakes with fish.

codywf
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Not looking for a new fishing spot or anyones honey hole, But how many of you know of or fish lakes that are not listed in our regulations or barry mitchells fishing guide. Just a lake on the map but no one knows its great secret.

Share what fish are in there and maybe how you came to know about it.

I personally know of only one, but it doesn't have any public access that I'm aware of, but it has pike and perch and from what I've heard nothing to specatacular.

Have at it.

dezmo
01-27-2010, 03:49 PM
he has some hidden jems that have 10 to 13 inch perch, ask him he has some honey holes. and ya there's hundreds of lakes that have fish in them that aren't in the regs. you just gota find em, and there well kept secrets...

sheepguide
01-27-2010, 03:58 PM
There is a small lake east of Burnstick Lake and just off the Birch lake road and Burntstick road that has pearch in it. Never fished there this year but talked to a guy that caught a few around 9".

jrs
01-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Off the top of my head i have 4 such little honey holes down south. Two grow pike up to 20 lbs, and are located on private land. The other two are public land lakes, one is full of perch while the other has absolutely everything including a few species that aren't all that common in small lakes down there. Never seen other fisherman on three of them while the one sees a group every week or so in the summer.
In central Alberta, i have only found two so far. One has brookies and the other has rainbows, both are natural ponds of only 1-2 hectares. One is an old beaver jungle on an unnamed creek while the other is a cross between an oxbow and a beaver jungle. They can only be fished in the summer as they could be classified as "creeks". There are a few small unnamed pike lakes in the same area that can be fished year round.
The southern ones i found by following rumors and by noticing fish rising a few evenings while out hiking. The two i've found in central Alberta took lots of air photo analyses and some serious hiking. Most unnamed lakes only have minnows, but a few gems are out there just waiting for a few more guys to find them. Its worth looking.

TexasTornado
01-29-2010, 12:44 PM
I know of one