PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing in Crowsnest Pass

canadagrown
01-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know of any decent ice fishing spots in Crowsnest pass? Moving out there soon and don't really know much about the area. Thanks in advance.

npauls
01-28-2010, 05:26 PM
if you want little stocked rainbows you can hit up beaver mines, beauvais, lee lake, crowsnest lake, island lake, and the old man resevoir. you could also grab a fly rod and hit up certain sections of the crow during the winter which can be a good time.

Nate

pete_199
01-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Hey npauls just wondering which sections of the crow you can get into with the fly i'd love to give that a try fairly new to fly fish last summer was first time but im hooked and have been itching to get out more

jorge997
01-29-2010, 10:26 AM
The section below the East Hillcrest bridge is open during the winter catch and release only for trout and you will have to check the reg's but there is a shot time where you can keep white fish if you like.The Coleman fish and game dam has some nice fish in it.Though you will most likely need a sled or possibly a quad to get in there this time of year.

npauls
01-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Hey pete message me a few day before a nice weekend and I can make a trip out for a day and walk the river with you. I am pretty new with this being my 3rd year on the fly.

Nate