PDA

View Full Version : travers spillway are

Ryanf
01-28-2010, 07:19 PM
hey everyone been a member on here for awhile but not much of a "poster"
but anyways fishing for me has been pretty slow so far and i am looking to try something new. i fish travers a fair bit in winter and summer. i have not fished the spillway area in the winter threw the ice though. i was wondering if anyone has and how they have been making out, tips, past experiance ect. i was thinking of fishing the shelf area off the old spillway structure. looking foreward to hearing from everyone :)

gramps73
01-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I have never fished the spillway on the winter but if you head across the lake to the north west side I have had some luck there
g

Ryanf
01-29-2010, 02:36 PM
yeah, i am sure i will find myself moving around to find the fish but i am of the thought that that shelf area should hold some fish there is a good mix of depths ect there. will be in a black silverado anyone who is around

gramps73
01-29-2010, 07:31 PM
good luck

FishBrain
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
I hope this is where you are talking about, if you check out the link it shows peak times for walleye, and all fishing monthes
http://www.gowalleye.com/solunar04.htm

marlin1
01-30-2010, 07:06 PM
did you get out to Traver's ? how'd you do? heading there in the AM

Ryanf
01-31-2010, 07:27 AM
a few walleye yesterday, nothing too big. About 6 runs with pike tip ups but the pike weren't that hungry I guess, they were just laying them in the weed beds, I let one run till I was out of line when I pulled it up my bait was almost good as new.
Going out there this morning as well, getting a slow start, stayed in Vulcan last night.