PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hump back pearch around LLB.

radzy007
01-28-2010, 10:36 PM
i live in LacLaBiche and have fished Beaver Lake , Elinor, and LacLaBiche, there is lots of peach on the camera but i cant find those nice big ones. Do i have to go to a skidoo in lake to find some ?

RedFisher
01-28-2010, 10:43 PM
man beaver lake got some JUMBO pearch!!.. i was there last summer and a 7yr old girl pulled a 2lber off the pier... you just have to move around...you'll find some i pulled some really nice 14''ers outa there last year..

Kim473
01-29-2010, 06:59 AM
All the lakes have jumbos in them. The problem is there are more and more small ones to take your hook. The small are stupid and will take your hook right away and the jumbos are smart and will look at it for a while. Thats why they are jumbos. You have to hit it just right, a school with only jumbos in it. Ive watched down many holes where there are 4 - 8 small ones and one 12in or over surround your hook the big ones are cautious and don't get a chance to take it.

kreator
01-29-2010, 10:00 AM
I agree with Kim473. It's just a matter of finding the school. The odd time you will hear about a hot spot, but it only stays hot for a little while. We used to have lakes like Missawawi, Tucker, Frenchman or Charron where it seemed like all there were was humpbacks, but we have to face the fact that those days are pretty much gone! Drought, netting and fishing pressure have a lot to do with the fact that you won't have easy access to consistent jumbo Perch fishing anymore.

Not to say that those babies don't exist at all anymore. With some research and timing, you can catch your limit of the big guys.

radzy007
01-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Well im going tomorrow and hopfully its a good day , i guess JFK has a thread that said he was there 2 weeks ago and caught 1lb 1 1/2 lbs in 20 ft of water . i will find some or just go skidooing lol

Kim473
01-30-2010, 05:41 AM
Good luck

snortwheez
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I find around here if you can get on the fingers and humps in 20+ FOW I find it produces the bigger fish.

Morph1
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
I say your location is just about where you wanna be...,
there is quite a few lakes right under your nose that hold nice size perch,
and plenty of them... I fished there 2 weeks ago and results where just amazing...

Do some research, drive and try, you will find your own honey hole...

cheers !