PDA

View Full Version : wizard lake?

biggamehunter
01-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Hey im going to wizzard lake tommorw. Where are the hot spots there for pike and perch
? What should i use for perch? Jack?

lifesaflyin
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
I have not seen any perch in there but i have heard they are there somwhere
Pike. go big with the bait.

DaveFish
01-29-2010, 05:28 PM
we went 3 weeks ago, walked on just 120yards out and to the right of the boat launch, every group around us including us caught 1 almost keeper jack, heh. ice was I think a foot, so it should be thicker now. Didnt see anyone bring up perch tho.

biggamehunter
01-31-2010, 06:18 PM
We went today and caught 12. Only 1 keeper all were about a couple inches short. But no perch.

bunnyhunter
01-31-2010, 06:30 PM
thats the usual situation with the jacks at Wizard, lots of action...but only a few keepers around.

I have caught perch there but they were small.

Jack Man
07-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I was at Wizard Lake with my uncle and dad. The jack there will give you a fight. Go when it just opens. On the south part in the morning i didnt catch mutch but when we went into the first belly the crop was thick. My uncle cought 4 jack in 4 casts using the storm perch GOOD LUCK!!!! O and + i used pickle rig for perch and nothing bit but we could see them followin our baits
All together we probably cought 60 fish together:sHa_shakeshout:

bunnyhunter
07-09-2010, 02:20 PM
but when we went into the first belly the crop was thick. :

hey that sounds like a fun day...but can you translate? maybe this is albertaspeak?

just wondering..........:character0053::o

bunny

nicemustang
07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I was at Wizard Lake with my uncle and dad. The jack there will give you a fight. Go when it just opens. On the south part in the morning i didnt catch mutch but when we went into the first belly the crop was thick. My uncle cought 4 jack in 4 casts using the storm perch GOOD LUCK!!!! O and + i used pickle rig for perch and nothing bit but we could see them followin our baits
All together we probably cought 60 fish together:sHa_shakeshout:

And there is no such thing as jacks in AB. Those are northern pike.

Welcome to the forum.