PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catching at Sylvan Lake?

ROAD HAMMER
01-29-2010, 07:08 PM
I just moved my shack from buffalo to sylvan last night so i went fishing at first light and stayed most of the day I seen close to 60 white fish, 27 walleye and 6 pike and i never hooked a thing but was a good day i had one white fish take a wire wrap but i lost it is any one catching white fish if so wat ya using if ya dont mind sharing.

RedFisher
01-29-2010, 07:25 PM
i havent fished sylvan this year yet but last year we were using a copper wire worm with a red top or pure red wire worm.. depending on the bite.. and since your seeing soo many you might have to use a silver spoon down another hole right beside you and stirr up the bottom... if your on a nice sand bar you'll be able to get a nice sand cloud.. in turn the fish should come into a feeding frenzy.. if thats not working.. try maggots or mealworms or a wataskiwin special.. what side of the lake are you fishing and how deep.. are they in deep water still or have they come into the bays??

ROAD HAMMER
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Im fishing out off RRD 23 in 18ft of water their down deep.

Grover
01-29-2010, 11:03 PM
I was out there a couple of days ago. caught 1 whitefish and a good sized perch. using a yellow wire worm tiped with a maggot. also seen a lot of fish but most just weren't interested.

RedFisher
01-29-2010, 11:09 PM
yah your best bet is to try and get them into a feeding frenzy.. silver spoon hit it off the bottom really hard and stirr stuff up..

ROAD HAMMER
01-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Was out today and tryed stirring up the bottom and guess wat it worked . Thanks for the tip.

go-big-or-go-home
01-30-2010, 05:59 PM
do any of u know wat people are catching along the south beach in town and by the waterslides kinda?? always lots of people there and jus wounderin wats swimin in that area

fluxcore
01-30-2010, 07:33 PM
do any of u know wat people are catching along the south beach in town and by the waterslides kinda?? always lots of people there and jus wounderin wats swimin in that area

lots of small walleye with the odd big one, they hang out there throught the summer as well

go-big-or-go-home
01-30-2010, 08:45 PM
lots of small walleye with the odd big one, they hang out there throught the summer as well

is there any perch swiming in there?

ROAD HAMMER
01-31-2010, 08:33 PM
So how did everyone do at Sylvan this weekend ? I caught a few whites and pike nothing big.

#1Hunter
02-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Friday Small Pike Small Walleye, couple whites nothing big wondering about RR23 is there anything big in there this year??:wave:

REV
02-09-2010, 11:22 AM
I was out at RR23 on sunday. We seen 6 big pike and some small whites. I landed a 29 inch pike. Good eats. My cousin is out there today and landed a 43 inch pike. I so wish I wasn't working today