PDA

View Full Version : Broken Ice Cube left on Devils Lake

Chris K
01-30-2010, 02:50 AM
Whomever you are, please come back to Devils lake and clean up the mess you left on the ice from your broken icefishing tent that you left laying crumpled on the lake. I would of cleaned up after you, but my truck was very full with a few tents in the back and all our gear with very little extra room in the back. Why you would be ignorant enough to leave such a mess on the ice is beyone me. Would you do the same thing on your front lawn? Maybe you would if you would do it out on the lake...

Chris K

Kim473
01-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Idiots!

jusfloatin
01-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Well here's hoping someone finds enough room in there truck to remove it as I doubt the idiot that left it there will be back for it.

kinwahkly
01-30-2010, 07:46 AM
I dont understand how people can have a total lack of respect for our outdoors, I always preach to my kids about making sure we leave everything in its natural way.

Paul C
01-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Whomever you are, please come back to Devils lake and clean up the mess you left on the ice from your broken icefishing tent that you left laying crumpled on the lake. I would of cleaned up after you, but my truck was very full with a few tents in the back and all our gear with very little extra room in the back. Why you would be ignorant enough to leave such a mess on the ice is beyone me. Would you do the same thing on your front lawn? Maybe you would if you would do it out on the lake...

Chris K
Is the photo of that perch real ? If so please post photo of that mini hog.

the local angler
01-30-2010, 07:42 PM
hmm interesting, should have checked to see if there were any salvageable parts and sell them for lure money. but i agree they shouldn't have left it there like that.

big
01-31-2010, 02:36 AM
I dont understand how people can have a total lack of respect for our outdoors, I always preach to my kids about making sure we leave everything in its natural way.

really really do you

kinwahkly
01-31-2010, 05:06 AM
really really do

valve god
01-31-2010, 07:25 AM
I don't know why when ever I go fishing / hunting /camping I always come back with other peoples GARBAGE:mad3: I always have extra garbage bags in my truck and have to clean up the spot I fish / hunt and camp in. I have taught my childern to leave the spot cleaner than you found it. I have been very close to fist fights because I have a bad habit of lipping people off because of their littering habits. :evilgrin: The Alberta wilderness belongs to all of us and it is a great place to enjoy nature at it's finest. Until people STOP LITTERING:mad2::mad2::mad2: I guess we have to clean up after them!!!!!!

DarkAisling
01-31-2010, 07:47 AM
I have taught my childern to leave the spot cleaner than you found it.

X2

Though honestly, at some campgrounds I've simply opted to call the operator and get them out to clean up the mess: in the case of the really bad messes. There are some things I won't touch.

Nationwide
01-31-2010, 08:01 AM

Chris K maybe the person or person's involved did have it cleaned up

but didn't notice it fell out of there vehicle:o on there way out too bad you didn't have any pic's and no it wasnt me i haven't fished that stink hole:sick: in many many years.

CountryRoadz
01-31-2010, 08:02 AM
UNREAL!!!!

I would be interested to hear the story from the person who left the tent. There are only a few options relating to the end result. Someone else would clean it up, it would blow away (highly unlikely) or it would sit on the ice and sink to the bottom when the ice thaws which would be similar to dumping garbage in a lake wouldnt it.

Nonetheless, its actions like this that eventually create rules and regulations that affect those who care about the environment and respect it.

CR

italk2u
01-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Maybe they saw that C.O. coming and took off in a hurry.
Looks like he had a pretty good day. Did you mention it to him, or were you gone by the time he got there?(about 1pm).

jusfloatin
01-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Maybe they saw that C.O. coming and took off in a hurry.
Looks like he had a pretty good day. Did you mention it to him, or were you gone by the time he got there?(about 1pm).

The plot thickens. ( install background music here )