PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lake at this moment

roachman
01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
the husband and I are currently sitting on Clear Lake and so far no bites... but just saw a beauty checking everything out on the fish tv. Contemplated moving like many are doing so far.. but having seen that we might as well stick it out for a bit. Lots of ppl out here as well. If we don't end up drilling more holes and moving about.. could very well entertain Pine coulee visit.

tacklerunner
01-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Fished from 10 - 3. 3 under size and 1 keeper. Very little action after 12 noon. Saw some action from others but nothing of size.

roachman
01-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Just pulled into the city with only one keeper. Fine by me since it was an excellent day of entertainment to say the least. God bless fish tv! I guess the only thing I can say is the tv had plenty to entertain us with. Perhaps our angling skills leave something to be determined since I have heard nothing but great production from this lake. And I didn't produce a dang thing! lol Caught fish yes and they all went right back into the drink. Safely and soundly. I had a blast on this lake today and I will surely be back in the near future and can't wait to fish it again come camping season!!! The mama that managed to get away is definately one I want my picture with! I hope her smile is as pretty as mine.. when i actually get her that is! No worries... i'll put her back for the others who care to have their pictures taken as well. :wave:

bigjeff
01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Glad to hear you had fun and did well out there! I was out at Clear Lake yesterday and it was a ghost town.

I was about to twitter a picture of a pike I had caught and dropped my iPhone down the hole...

I'm not sure if I'm more bummed about the $500 replacement phone or that the picture is gone.

Were you guys on the north end?

roachman
01-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Yes we were on the north end. It looked like a tiny little town when we first got there. Almost wondered if we were far too late considering the early bird always gets the worm. lol I just happened upon this lake this past summer, and when I did find it the weeds were unbareable. However I knew we would give it a try in the winter as well. This was our first winter trip there. Trial and error really without having to invade others spaces. We randomly picked a spot and said sure why not. We didn't haul out fish like crazy by any means. If anything they guarded our bait instead of taking the bait lol. It was a fun day none the less. Sorry to hear about your phone!!!! I would be debating the phone pic theory as well! lol

WayneChristie
01-30-2010, 07:55 PM
you werent the only one not having luck today, we saw lots of fish, had some bites, hooked none of them :D I watched a few head butting my bait, they just werent as active as yesterday. I had a close encounter of the breathtaking kind with Moby yesterday, never seen a fish that wouldnt fit up a 9 inch hole before much less had one on a handline!!!!