PDA

View Full Version : Winagami lake

gdkmedic
01-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Thinking of trying Winagami for the first time on Monday. Any info where to start on the lake would be greately appreciated.

Gary

GummyMonster
01-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Evening,
Went to Winagami today.
A big cold/storm front sent us home after only a couple hours.
Had a couple lite hits(i assume fussy whitefish)
Gave my 5 year old a giant one ounce jig and a shad (his choice:lol:) to bounce off bottom. Be darned if something pretty big didn't grab on, but spit the hook while the wife was trying to tighten the drag while he reeled for all he was worth!
Pretty exciting for a moment.
I have heard good things lately so once the weather stables out I'm going back for a second round.
Good luck if you go, and keep us posted.
:DKen:D

gdkmedic
01-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the update. I will post when I get back. Where were you fishing?

GummyMonster
01-31-2010, 07:03 AM
We were at the boat launch area, on the lake side of the long rock pier. Looks like there has been a fair bit of activity from others there.There was three other groups there as well, although most left when that darn storm rolled through.
A co worker said there is good luck to be had for pike(not sure if they tried for other species) in the narrows on the north west corner of the lake,via the conservation area road.
Good luck tomorrow,
:evilgrin:Ken:evilgrin:

gdkmedic
02-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Ended up fishing Tuesday. First my brand new Pack Shack fell apart on me, lense fell out of my glasses and landed on the endge of the hole. Tried several different things but did not see a fish. This lake is definately off my list of places I want to fish.

Elkaholic523
02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey gdkmedic i was there tuesday and wensday but we went to the narrows on the west end of the lake and the fishingis absolutely amasing over there first day i caught 6 me and my wife in one hour. The second day went with a budy limited out in half a day.You just have to know the secret lures.it was really hot both mornings then got slow for about two hours then around 130 it got crazy again.I havent seen pike hit that hard and agrresive for a long time Hint Hint you have to match the hatch.