PDA

View Full Version : Aqua vu underwater flood light

huntsfurfish
01-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Has anybody got/used one? Are they any good? And, are they legal to use on your camera? Soon as the sun starts going down my aqua-vu is pretty much done. I see they are $20.00ish at the FH.

Thanks all.

huntsfurfish
01-31-2010, 06:42 AM
bump

Guess nobody has one.

tatonkagp
01-31-2010, 07:56 AM
i have seen some with different colors of lights for different clairity of water. Not sure about the legality of them though.

Paul C
01-31-2010, 09:33 AM
I tried a laser light on walleye and it scatters the beam of light. It works like a fish finder. I just like to try different methods of ice fishing.
Cheers :D

DuckBrat
01-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Flood light is illegal

thorne
01-31-2010, 09:49 AM
yep its a pretty clear point in the regs lights not attached to or part of a bait are prohibited. So yes most of the cameras out there with the lights on the camera are a no go...if the light is on, unless they are in the IR specturm. So yes people if you have a camera and turn on those little LEDS on you are poaching!!!! just as much as if you are having a little nap, or if your barb is not quite bent back enough, or if that walleye is .5mm under min length, or yes folks keeping one fish to many or out of season...its in the regs....oh ya those signs on the highway are actually the maximum speed limit! OK don't tar and feather me...just having fun :evilgrin:

dezmo
01-31-2010, 12:01 PM
the lights on cameras are only ee leagal if you are useing them in a fishing tourny. i have been stopped by game wardens alot and they never ask if my light is on. so i'm not shure wat the regs say but, why do you think they make them with lights on them if they are ee leagal to have em...

sco22
01-31-2010, 01:01 PM
the lights on cameras are only ee leagal if you are useing them in a fishing tourny. i have been stopped by game wardens alot and they never ask if my light is on. so i'm not shure wat the regs say but, why do you think they make them with lights on them if they are ee leagal to have em...

Seriously? "so i'm not shure wat the regs say". . .that has to be one of the most dangerous statements on this website. Let me assure you they are illegal. The light has to be attached to the line/lure you are fishing with. My camera has one of those lights but I have not been questioned by F&W as to whether or not I have it on.

As to why do the make them with lights on them if they are ee leagal? Believe it or not, there are markets for Marcum/Aqua Vu outside of Alberta or any other jurisdictions that do not allow fishing with lights not attached to your line/lure.

Wow.

Cheers.

bobalong
01-31-2010, 02:08 PM

Search and rescue also use this equipment, they are also used for baby monitors, backup monitors,security monitors, they are many applications for them beside just fishing.It is legal to view with the lights on when fishing, you just can not have your lure in the water near the lights in Alberta. You can look around with the lights on, then when you drop your lure down, just flick the lights off.