View Full Version : Utikuma Lake

Elkaholic523
01-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Just wondering if anyones been there and how they did for pike.or waleye

ice
01-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Was there a few weeks back.
the pike were biting good.
not so much the walleye. 3 or 4. that day.
but that could have all changed by now.

Brock1
02-01-2010, 12:41 PM
was there for sat and sunday. big winter front moved in and all the fish were on PAUSE! had the camera down the hole for 2 days and it was tough. very few finicky walleye, the odd pike but good size and a few decent perch. not to mention the wind was super strong. add that to -21 and needless to say, i stayed in the tent most of the time. 3 weekends ago it was much better. I am gonna wait till the weather stays a bit steady before heading back.

ice
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
was there for sat and sunday. big winter front moved in and all the fish were on PAUSE! had the camera down the hole for 2 days and it was tough. very few finicky walleye, the odd pike but good size and a few decent perch. not to mention the wind was super strong. add that to -21 and needless to say, i stayed in the tent most of the time. 3 weekends ago it was much better. I am gonna wait till the weather stays a bit steady before heading back.

Would You mind me asking on what part of the lake you were pulling up perch?

Brock1
02-01-2010, 07:35 PM
km 86. a half mile south and 300 yrds out.. just past the permanent shack. murky water, but was awesome 2 weekends ago. km 80 sucks.. caught 50 plus fish 2 weekends ago with 18 perch and our limit of 18 to 27" eyes. and a few 5 to 11 lb pike. but this weekend blew....

BVB
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
are they driving trucks on? how much snow?

ice
02-01-2010, 09:32 PM
km 86. a half mile south and 300 yrds out.. just past the permanent shack. murky water, but was awesome 2 weekends ago. km 80 sucks.. caught 50 plus fish 2 weekends ago with 18 perch and our limit of 18 to 27" eyes. and a few 5 to 11 lb pike. but this weekend blew....

Thanks!!:)
Do you need an auger Stension Yet?

are they driving trucks on? how much snow?

And yeah.
more ice then you know what to do with.
Bring an auger extension. just Incase. (If your Going)When i went really had to drop the aug into er.
And a couple inches Of Snow a few weeks ago.
Could Of Changed now.

Brock1
02-02-2010, 07:43 AM
i brought my extension and didnt need it. only aboput 10 inches of snow on the lake with a few drifts now with the fricken wind we had. but there is a solid 2 feet of ice so we are not far away from using an extension. and absolutely no issues driving on. you can enter at km 80 or 86 on the red earth highway gentlemen. blue for the walleye, white for the pike and ling, and a small len thompson, yellow or red and white for the perch was what they liked 2 of 3 times ive been there this year. small presentation for the eyes, small minnows and mealworms for the perch...Brock