PDA

View Full Version : where to fish

pickrel pat
08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
i just moved to camrose from the manning area and i am interested in fishing the north sascatchewan river because of its diverse fish species.(never caught a sturgeon before!!!) I was wondering if any one could tell me where i could access the river to get to some kind of honey hole. I have no idea where to go. anyone that could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. thank you

happy perch fisher
08-07-2007, 11:30 PM
gl with that

pickrel pat
08-07-2007, 11:35 PM
pleeeeeeezzzzzze!!!!!!

happy perch fisher
08-08-2007, 01:31 AM
ok i'll help u. Go to one of those big sewer pipes. fish right where it spews out. Maybe if u get lucky u will get a diper with a supirise in it. and maybe go for a swim after your done fishing.

ps guys and girls please stop pming me about where to fish on the river i did'nt care if u never fished it before. i did'nt care if u want to catch a sturegon. ps the guy that wanted a 50 percent or better chance of catching a sturgon gl with that. ps i did'nt know why u started talking about not wanting to cook the sturgeon after u caught it. maybe if u read the rigs u would see that your not aloud to keep them.

50BMG
08-08-2007, 06:04 AM
ok i'll help u. Go to one of those big sewer pipes. fish right where it spews out. Maybe if u get lucky u will get a diper with a supirise in it. and maybe go for a swim after your done fishing.

ps guys and girls please stop pming me about where to fish on the river i did'nt care if u never fished it before. i did'nt care if u want to catch a sturegon. ps the guy that wanted a 50 percent or better chance of catching a sturgon gl with that. ps i did'nt know why u started talking about not wanting to cook the sturgeon after u caught it. maybe if u read the rigs u would see that your not aloud to keep them.:rolleye2:

sheephunter
08-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Give the guys at The Fishin' Hole a try Pat....I'm sure they can help you out a bit. I haven't fished it for sturgeon or I'd be pleased to point you in the right direction.

pickrel pat
08-08-2007, 08:55 AM
why thank you very much. i will do that. i am going there anyway.

7 REM MAG
08-08-2007, 07:20 PM
seems like happy perch fisher isnt so happy, lol. theres no need to rant about people wanting info everyone starts somewhere and you were at one time or another just starting fishing, believe it or not, not everyone has been in the outdoors since they were a toddler like you must have been.

-JR-
08-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Almost anyplace along the river is good

-JR-
08-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Almost anyplace along the river is good.
The fishing hole on 99 st and 51 ave has a map on the wall showing good spots .Not sure what part you want to fish.they will tell you to try the Dawson bridge.

BestTip I can give is ..don't cast in and out.
But still fish with hook and bait and let the fish come to the bait.

What i have learnt is worms on a walleye rig will catch eveything in the river.
When going for sturgens ,same setup except rod is low to the ground so bait is on the bottom

smaller pickerl rig # 4 or #6 work better for catching walleye and gold eye .

pickrel pat
08-08-2007, 09:55 PM
thanks again guys, that should be enough info to get me going. thanks