PDA

View Full Version : To much preaching........

Crusty
02-05-2010, 10:30 AM
It's getting crazy on here. New thread, new or same old beech. Everyone of you guys thinks he has the answer. Do it somewhere else, like Edmonton. I know some smarty will say " don't read it it it bothers you", lol!! Shows the IQ of the smart aleck. How else are we to know if we don't read it. Brainiac's. Haven't been on here that long but sure is getting old. Initially signed on to get fishing info, the perfect place I thought. Starting to believe otherwise.

mooseknuckle
02-05-2010, 10:34 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Okotokian
02-05-2010, 10:35 AM
That sounds like preaching to me. :D

I'm kidding. But one perwson's preaching is another person's opinion. We just have to have a little moderation and respect. I'm as guilty as many in sometimes forgetting that.

oagie
02-05-2010, 10:36 AM
??

Confusing post.

BowhuntAB
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
LOL :lol:

What a baby! Most of the guys get along just fine on here. We are all entitled to our opinions and yes sometimes the crap gets tossed back and forth but at the end of the day we all take a bit of info from most of the posts...with the exception of this one.:lol:

kreator
02-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Bah, nevermind!

tacklerunner
02-05-2010, 11:45 AM
I agree it gets old but if we don't talk about it, people don't think about it. It's and important topic; I assume you are talking about poaching, C&R and conservation.

THERE IS NO SIMPLE ANSWER!!! Otherwise it wouldn't be a topic.

I agree with Okotokian that most are OPINIONS vs preaching.

If you want fishing information, you should ask for it. But if you think you can tell others to stop expressing their opinions you're not going to get much help.

No offense but you come across negatively and that's not going to help your cause.

Crusty
02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Exactly.......... I've posted threads to ask for info and get very few responses. Post a thread that is whiney and it gets attention right away and lots of it. Except for a couple of replys that had some thought put into them the rest just proves that there's a group on here that are just crap disturbers. I do not mean all members at all. In the thread I did say everyone. I meant everyone that beeches constantly. In no way did I mean all members. It's the same people all the time that get their digs in. Some of them took the bait in this thread. Get a life.

jacob1202
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Exactly.......... I've posted threads to ask for info and get very few responses. Post a thread that is whiney and it gets attention right away and lots of it. Except for a couple of replys that had some thought put into them the rest just proves that there's a group on here that are just crap disturbers. I do not mean all members at all. In the thread I did say everyone. I meant everyone that beeches constantly. In no way did I mean all members. It's the same people all the time that get their digs in. Some of them took the bait in this thread. Get a life.

ha ha ha ... i definatelly agree with the last 2 sentances... u gotta remember tho opinions are like azzholes... everyones got one... and the same people ur talking about i dont ever remember them having any positive input on this site

DarkAisling
02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
I've posted threads to ask for info and get very few responses.

It could be that very few people had the answers you were looking for. I've posted threads to ask for info that weren't answered by anyone. I just figure that no one else has the answer either.

GummyMonster
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
You started a thread to complain about too many threads with complaining in them ??:rolleyes:
Wow, that was quite the sentence!:huh:
Every one here has an opinion (some louder than others mind you) and that is the point of such a forum,to spread information and share your opinion of subjects posted.Only thing I don't care for is insulting each other, as that degrades any opinion involved.
Hope that wasn't too preachy folks.
:evilgrin:Ken:evilgrin:

Paul C
02-05-2010, 03:04 PM
If your are drinking; stop. If your are injecting; stop. If your are sniffing; stop. The patch might help.

jacob1202
02-05-2010, 03:07 PM
If your are drinking; stop. If your are injecting; stop. If your are sniffing; stop. The patch might help.

huh?

Sundancefisher
02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
??

Confusing post.

I hate it when people put question marks down like we know what you are talking about. I am confused. How about get perch fishing already and leave the preaching to the rest of us :lol::lol: I have a feeling they will be biting well this weekend. It has been slow for way to long but picking up at 3 in the afternoon.

How about we all just respond using nothing but the icons

:scared::huh:;):innocent::mad2::cry::rolleyes:

jacob1202
02-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I hate it when people put question marks down like we know what you are talking about. I am confused. How about get perch fishing already and leave the preaching to the rest of us :lol::lol: I have a feeling they will be biting well this weekend. It has been slow for way to long but picking up at 3 in the afternoon.

i agree!!!

Crusty
02-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I have no problem with opinions, if they make cents. LOL

To the members that are going to Gull, gl & have a good time. I've got the bug and can't make it. Was looking forward to going until yesterday. Mind your lips and keep your hands to yourself. :)

The Fisherman Guy
02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Almost everyone is guilty of being a 'little preachy' at times, especially here. It is an accurate display of how passionate many of us are about the sports and activities that we collectively enjoy.

Allowing myself to get worked up and bent out of shape because of something that someone posted in our community, is a personal decision, along with how I choose to react to such behaviour.

The useful information is here, and the people that want to find it, do. Ask Lethal Connection, it was this forum that was the root cause of his recent outdoor lifestyle change - for the better.

Mr.goldeye
02-05-2010, 03:36 PM
:):):):):):):):):):)

The Anvil
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I just add where and when I need to.
In this case. I would say take from this site what works for you and ignore the stuff you don't think will work or offends you..

Each and everybody to the own right??

Anvil:evilgrin:

Mr.goldeye
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
:wave::wave::wave:

Mr.goldeye
02-05-2010, 03:55 PM
:tongue2:

Walleyes
02-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Geez if ever there has been a post started just to beech aimlessly about something this would be it...

Do you even have a point to your rant or is it just a rant ??? its potsed as To much Poaching,, yet there is nothing in your comment about poaching... What is your point young man ???

The Anvil
02-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I think he was talking about too much "preaching"

:D

jacob1202
02-05-2010, 05:14 PM

lol yep... it says preaching

Walleyes
02-05-2010, 05:18 PM

:o :o Ah geez now I see it.. Am I nuts or did it say Poacing at the start.. Must just be me.. I think I just went through one of the poaching threads and the mind was locked on that... My bad sorry boys...

jacob1202
02-05-2010, 05:28 PM
:o :o Ah geez now I see it.. Am I nuts or did it say Poacing at the start.. Must just be me.. I think I just went through one of the poaching threads and the mind was locked on that... My bad sorry boys...

ha ha... it happens... maybe to much stress today???

The Anvil
02-05-2010, 05:37 PM

When I read it the first time i thought it said "to much poaching" as well......then I reread the topic and a couple posts afterwards...

i got hungry....http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/austinrhea/Emoticons/popcorn.gif

DarkAisling
02-05-2010, 05:39 PM
When I read it the first time i thought it said "to much poaching" as well......then I reread the topic and a couple posts afterwards...

Same here. I probably would have passed over this thread if I had noticed it said "preaching" and not "poaching."

oagie
02-05-2010, 06:18 PM

:tongue2:

CountryRoadz
02-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I've got the bug. Mind your lips and keep your hands to yourself. :)

Sounds a little CRUSTY to me but I can understand he's infected.

Steven Noel
02-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Not to be a hater, but your complaining about peoples IQ and you mispelt the word 'too'.

Walleyes
02-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Not to be a hater, but your complaining about peoples IQ and you mispelt the word 'too'.

Well ones ting we iz,, iz outdadoorsmen.. 1 ting sum uv us aint iz scollers.. fergive us deer god...

hal53
02-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Well ones ting we iz,, iz outdadoorsmen.. 1 ting sum uv us aint iz scollers.. fergive us deer god...
:lol::lol:u spelt "I" rong!!!

Crusty
02-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Geez if ever there has been a post started just to beech aimlessly about something this would be it...

Do you even have a point to your rant or is it just a rant ??? its potsed as To much Poaching,, yet there is nothing in your comment about poaching... What is your point young man ???

So intent on being a smart_ _ _ you can't read. Your one of the biggest pains bar none. Mr. Yap behind the screen. In real life though you might be a nice guy.

Walleyes
02-05-2010, 10:32 PM
So intent on being a smart_ _ _ you can't read. Your one of the biggest pains bar none. Mr. Yap behind the screen. In real life though you might be a nice guy.

:lol: :lol: Nope I'm an ars in real life too..

And an inexperienced town kid ta boot.. Cheers stud...

big
02-05-2010, 10:42 PM
It's getting crazy on here. New thread, new or same old beech. Everyone of you guys thinks he has the answer. Do it somewhere else, like Edmonton. I know some smarty will say " don't read it it it bothers you", lol!! Shows the IQ of the smart aleck. How else are we to know if we don't read it. Brainiac's. Haven't been on here that long but sure is getting old. Initially signed on to get fishing info, the perfect place I thought. Starting to believe otherwise.

i agree. this forum is the reason why i road rage. You never know if the slow person in front of you is a smart aleck, know it all, creepy forum member.

pdfish
02-06-2010, 07:13 AM
i agree. this forum is the reason why i road rage. You never know if the slow person in front of you is a smart aleck, know it all, creepy forum member.

Hey big, I think I saw you in traffic last week, i must say (insert southern slang here) "you go a purty mouth." Creepy enough?

Crusty
02-06-2010, 07:35 AM
:lol: :lol: Nope I'm an ars in real life too..

And an inexperienced town kid ta boot.. Cheers stud...

No, I doubt you are an ars. Just have to be the loud guy at the party. you know you don't have to be loud to get noticed??

Cheers to you as well, gl this weekend.

Fishfinder
02-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Ok I'm gonna take the bait here finally. I can resist anything...cept temptation:evilgrin:
Can't recall who...perhaps R.W.Emerson...was it he who said...

None preaches better than the ant, and it says...nothing:ashamed:

ESOXangler
02-06-2010, 05:13 PM
okey seriously whats wrong with edmonton, its not that bad

Morph1
02-06-2010, 06:53 PM

What a retharded thread !!!!!, :confused:
what is this doing in the fishing forum anyway,
post this garbage whining in a general discussion !!!!!

man up ! don't be a weiner/whiner !!!! :D

pecker
02-06-2010, 08:59 PM
What a retharded thread !!!!!, :confused:
what is this doing in the fishing forum anyway,
post this garbage whining in a general discussion !!!!!

man up ! don't be a weiner/whiner !!!! :D

try facebook, etc. give us a break . :rolleyes: :wave:

roachman
02-06-2010, 09:12 PM
gonna go waste money on the enquirer... more bohonkydoodoo there I think.. or could I be wrong? free stuff here!

Fishfinder
02-06-2010, 11:20 PM
:lol::lol::lol::innocent::sick::ashamed::huh:
Edmonton...heck...next Canadian team to bring the cup back to Canada. Mark me wordz.
I have been and will continue to b a die hard Oiler fan personally, till death do us part. :ashamed:
Oops, wrong forum...
Sry Crustration.
Seriously though....why the Oiltown pot shot?? Curious I am...
Cheers:wave:

Crusty
02-07-2010, 08:24 AM
I can't believe this is still getting responses but....... My point is clearly proven, a bunch (not all) of whiners that will nitpic? any thread apart. Morph, your unbelieveable. I think you swallowed the bait right past the leader.

My reference to Edmonton was because that's where our prov. government governs from. Not at all about the people who live there. After all aren't we all the same? We just have different interpretations on everything.

valve god
02-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Well I figured I can't go fishing for a while ( wife recovering from major surgery) so I would get my preaching in on this post. I have only been on this forum for a couple of months but I really havn't seen anyone really pounding the pulpit preaching. (a small elevated platform from which a member of the clergy delivers a sermon) Sure there is alot of opinons here but that is only opinons,we all have them. I have gotten lots of tips on this site and will get more. Most everyone on this site will give tips on colors,type of bait and presentation of the hook, but is this not their opinon:confused:
Now it's time to whine. I have read many posts about how one lake is not biting or had 20 hits and only pulled up a couple of fish. Is this whining, could be but is this not information we all could use:confused: I started a post a while ago how I got a ticket for a barbed hook and was letting everyone know that F&W were out there looking for infractions I guess I was guilty of whining:D The original post was started about whining and preaching, is this person guilty of whining about whining:evilgrin::confused:Yes there is whiners/preachers everywhere and we all have to deal with them. But to defend this site and members I love the stories/pictures and the whining :lol::lol: But this is only my OPINON:innocent:

Fishfinder
02-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Yup n yup. At the end of the day, we all got our opinions absolutely. Personally, I think I am jus pent up, have not had a chance to get out in weeks n it's drivin me bonkers. Hence all me posting so much lately:p I never mean any harm on the forum, n I am sure I misinterperate (spelling...i know) lotsa wordz directed me way....eh Crusty? Such is life on a internet forum.
For the most part....it's all good. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Why aint we fishn!!!:ashamed:
When I can't fish due to timing reasons.....personally,...that is where this forum comes in handy...... I get to whine, hear the whiners, pick my battles, n maybe learn a lil somethin or help someone out along the way.
We r all here for the same reason.
We love to fish.
Occassionaly (spellin again i know) heads will bonk.
Its all fishn passion...i think...being expressed...in different ways....
that's all.
Cheers n good luck out there.:)

Crusty
02-07-2010, 01:29 PM
10-4

Fishfinder
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
10-4

:)ditto:)