PDA

View Full Version : Barrier Lake

GoonBag
08-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Has anyone ever fished Barrier lake before? If so, how is the fishing there? I can't seem to find a lot of info on it and I've been thinking about heading out there.

goldscud
08-11-2007, 01:24 PM
There is a small number of browns and whitefish there. Potential for a few cutts and brookies as well. Catch rates are pretty low.

TreeGuy
08-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey Goon. The only thing we every pulled out of there was a loon! It was awful. Released unharmed, and kindda reminded me a bit of hooking seagulls of the docks in NS! What a pain. The south end headwaters always look interesting to me, but I'm not sure.

Tree

GoonBag
08-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Doesn't seem like its a real fishing hotspot...which would explain why I never see anyone out there fishing :rolleyes:

Too bad, it sure is a beautiful spot.

Ray
08-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Anywhere along the K-river system is poor for fishing (even though much of it looks great)because of the flucuations in water levels due to the hydro-electric operations.

If you are looking for brookies but are not too hung up on size, Elbow lake is perfect. Me and my boys have started fly-fishing this year, and Elbow is perfect for learning with all of the eager brookies. Mostly 8-10 inches, but with the liberal limit (and no guilt because they are non-native, and overpopulated anyway) we always bring home enough for mom to have a good feed. We like catching them, she likes eating them, and we are out of her hair for a day. win win win:)