PDA

View Full Version : Fishing at ghost dam

johnnypwilson
02-10-2010, 06:31 PM
looking at the weather this weekend and thinking that it would be a good weekend to go fishing. Want to know if anyone has been to ghost dam and how the action is out there. Never have to much luck out there, if anyone is catching anything i will go. Maybe i will just go to chain lakes and catch the small rainbows with the little girl.

The Fisherman Guy
02-11-2010, 08:50 AM
I set out to Ghost last Sunday after the gathering. Calgary was fogged in, but there was a wall to the fog that started in Cremona and ran south. Completely bluebird skies all the way to the mountains!

Fished a few different spots that have been successful for friends in the past. Achieved the same result as the last 5 times I have been there. NUTHIN.

I have fished there on and off for many years, and I can assuredly say that I have caught one 14' Laker and had one bite up the river, while night fishing.

That is it. Ghost, you are dead to me. Until the bikini's come back.

nicemustang
02-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Anyone have a ice thickness report? I hate to ask these questions but want to know if I need to take the quad or if I can drive on with my truck. It's too long of walk to the village....

The Fisherman Guy
02-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Hey Musty,

The ice was thick. 20+ I would say and plenty of traffic and tracks from trucks. I drove across in my half tonne, no problem.

nicemustang
02-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Cool, I may check that out later saturday afternoon. I'll walk to the island but if that doesn;t produce then drive to the village.

johnnypwilson
02-12-2010, 08:18 PM
think i got to go to chain lakes this sunday for the little girl got to catch some fish instead of none. lol