PDA

View Full Version : Marcum Battery Maintenance

DarkAisling
02-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Is it best to let the Marcum fish tv batteries fully discharge before charging them again, or is it okay to charge them up after every use?

CanadianEh
02-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I know it is not a camera but it is teh same battery i think. I have a marcum lx5 and the manual says to put it on the charger before dropping beloew 50 %

usually with any rechargable battery the DEEPER you discharge it and then recharge it over and over it drops the number of cycles the battery can be recharged. if you let it go to 50% then recharge then 50 then recharge itll usually last ALOT longer.

just my .02

iliketrout
02-11-2010, 07:10 AM
The sheet that came with my battery also said to re-charge it as soon as possible after use. I'm sure the batteries are all the same, if you want I'll scan and e-mail the charging instructions to you. PM me your e-mail if you want it.

DarkAisling
02-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys. The literature that came with my cam is woefully insufficient (at least for me!), and it detailed nothing about how to care for the battery.

nicemustang
02-11-2010, 08:45 AM
With all batteries, this is the "best practices":

1. Never kill the batteries completely, this will reduce how much it can restore.
2. No matter how much you've used the battery that day, charge up as soon as possible. (12-24 hrs max)
3. If battery is sitting for extended use, charge it up. Don't let it discharge.
4. Keep batteries as warm as possible while in use and during charging (room temp). It's easier on the battery in use when its room temp and charges better when it's room temp. I always let my camera and flasher ride with me in the cab of the truck instead of the box in winter.