PDA

View Full Version : wetaskiwin special

big
02-11-2010, 06:57 PM
how do you use these things:confused:...do you just jig em up and down? i was messing around with one and i noticed that you can actually separate the spoon to make it have 2.. it looked kinda awkard so im guessing that this setup was wrong.

the reason why i did this was because i thought the spoon was lacking action

RedFisher
02-11-2010, 07:32 PM
depending on what your going for... whites and walleye both love them... just jig with it off the bottom....or use it with a minow on it for eye's... or just let it sit... everything and anything can work.. depending on the fish

moosehunter3-0
02-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Their two colorado blades attached with 2 double hooks. Whites and pike like them.

allenford
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Their two colorado blades attached with 2 double hooks. Whites and pike like them.

Hi Moosehunter30 I noticed you have a post way back to last year about the wetaskiwin, how do you present it under the hole if you are targeting whites.

thanks for the help!:wave:

jacob1202
02-11-2010, 10:30 PM
try a cartwheel motion bouncing it off the bottom every 4th or so rotation just to stir up a little bit of dust then hold for a minute... whites go crazy for that

moosehunter3-0
02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi Moosehunter30 I noticed you have a post way back to last year about the wetaskiwin, how do you present it under the hole if you are targeting whites.

thanks for the help!:wave:

I jig them up slowly then drop the rod tip fast enough so the lure is free falling for a bit. A lot of times just small slow jigging movements work as well, I find I get most my hits on the downward jig. I cheat and use an aqua vu so its easy to watch how they react to different things. They are a weird hook and dont have a lot of action, but the fish like them for some reason so I dont argue with them as long as there biting :lol:

big
02-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I jig them up slowly then drop the rod tip fast enough so the lure is free falling for a bit. A lot of times just small slow jigging movements work as well, I find I get most my hits on the downward jig. I cheat and use an aqua vu so its easy to watch how they react to different things. They are a weird hook and dont have a lot of action, but the fish like them for some reason so I dont argue with them as long as there biting :lol:

ok kool...i used it and thought there wasn't any action either... i guess i'll have to use it in a lake with lots of whites to believe in it

3jetboat
02-12-2010, 02:20 PM
I had great success at Shingbank a few years ago on perch lime green i think, the hook wouldn't hit the bottom and you'd have another football on! those were the days!

allenford
03-12-2010, 04:04 PM

thanks moosehunter3-0, will try this out this weekend.