PDA

View Full Version : chain lakes

rxxxm22
02-12-2010, 03:44 PM
how has the fishing been on Chain lakes lately ?Any tips on bait ...location etc. ? Planning on getting the gkids to finally catch some fish {hopefully}

ty in advance
grampa and the gkids:)

nicemustang
02-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Which chain lakes?

rxxxm22
02-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Which chain lakes?

the one down south on 22 .....west of high river .....i think
ron

nicemustang
02-13-2010, 09:00 AM
There are 3 chain lakes in Alberta, so best to specify.

I haven't been this year yet, so this is second hand knowledge. Fishing was good as usual, we usualy fish the point right out in from of the day use area 18-20 FOW. We use five of diamonds spoons or white buzz bombs tipped with velvetta cheese balls. There hasn't been a time we didn't come home with limit of fish.

gophanator
02-13-2010, 04:01 PM
been to chain lakes 3 times this year with some friends 2 days we limited out and 1 day we only got 6. we found power bait(usually orange or green) works every day and shrimp works pretty good to some days. we fished straight out from the boat launch at bout 20 ft of water.

DarkAisling
02-14-2010, 11:32 AM
I'd love an update if you went out yesterday. Hubby enjoyed his first ice fishing trip this weekend, and he'd like to get into some pan trout next weekend (and he would really like to limit out). I think Chain is probably the best place around Calgary for pan trout.

I'm wondering about ice thickness, too.