PDA

View Full Version : Friday on the Bow

notagoodtroutfisher
02-13-2010, 05:54 AM
Hey all,
Bows and Whitefish were very active yesterday. Found a hole that was packed with bows (mostly the 16" range). Had a blast. All hittin on red and beige san juans.
On a sad note, the river is NOT looking good. Lots...lots...and lots of garbage. Stuff that was left by people walking. I hope everyone will soon realize there is nobody to clean up after them. :wave:

steveo955
02-13-2010, 08:39 AM
what part of the river are you on?

DuckBrat
02-13-2010, 09:06 AM
How many fish?? How long did you fish??

notagoodtroutfisher
02-13-2010, 09:12 AM
brought 10 in, lost quite a few Fished from 12-430. majority caught from 330-5

marlin1
02-13-2010, 09:24 AM
they do a river clean up every spring but theres no way to get it all without other help. I used to take home an extra bag of garbage when fishing the river quite often . It's sad what people will put in the Bow

ericlin0122
02-13-2010, 09:45 AM
i caught so many bra on bow.... where all these come from?

fishstix
02-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah, the garbage in the river and along its banks is appaling. I cant even take my dog to the bow anymore. Im afraid he'll eat something gross. There is a clean up day approaching. May 13, Mothers day! Organized by www.bowriverkeeper.org This clean-up will be focused on Bearspaw res.
A few things i do to minimize my impact on our rivers are; put all spent flies and leader material into the "garbage pocket" on my vest. I carry a plastic bag for when im heading back to the car. If i see some trash i pick it up and take it to the proper garbage area(garbage cans).
Heres a quick story. Last season i was fishing a deep hole in the highwood. I spotted a green garbage bag sunk at the bottom. At first it didnt bother me. I cast a few times; no luck. What is the problem? Well, I actually knew what it was. That stupid garbage bag was driving me nuts!:mad3: I stripped down to my boxer briefs and waded in.:o The water was actually a lot deeper(and colder)than it looked. I thought about aborting the mission, but i was in too deep to just give up. A few more steps and shrinkage occured! Well i might as well just dive in now. The rest of me has no problem getting cold. So i did. but the bag was still out of reach. I stood back up and this time i really dove in hard. I grabbed the bag and pulled it out, made it ashore. I dried off and warmed up in the sun. I fished that hole for a while after, but had no luck. The strange thing was that when i made my way along to the next hole, i felt like i had done the fish a favor.
The fish are my friends.;)

Fishstix!!

notagoodtroutfisher
02-13-2010, 11:15 AM
i caught so many bra on bow.... where all these come from?

Maybe all the floaters in the summer time

walking buffalo
02-13-2010, 12:40 PM
I was fishing the Elbow from shore last summer, in a secluded area, west of Glenmore. Two beautiful ladies floated into view from upstream, they were (un)dressed not to get any tan lines!

When they became aware of my presence, their unnecessary scramble to cover up resulted in them floating past, and two bikini tops drifting along in the river. As I walked in to retrive the tops, with the intention of returning them, I expressed that they had no reason to be shy.

I made sure to properly dispose of the evidence of that encounter before going home. :lol:

McDeth
02-13-2010, 12:58 PM
I was fishing the Elbow from shore last summer, in a secluded area, west of Glenmore. Two beautiful ladies floated into view from upstream, they were (un)dressed not to get any tan lines!

When they became aware of my presence, their unnecessary scramble to cover up resulted in them floating past, and two bikini tops drifting along in the river. As I walked in to retrive the tops, with the intention of returning them, I expressed that they had no reason to be shy.

I made sure to properly dispose of the evidence of that encounter before going home. :lol:

Hahahah that is hilarious. A similar even happened to me this past summer on the Oldman.