PDA

View Full Version : snipe lake directions please

bruce44
02-14-2010, 07:11 AM
I live in grande prairie and i was just wondering how to get to snipe lake. Also i only have a seahawk inflatable 400 sport boat with no motor so how big is this lake. Im a little tired of only fishing rainbow i want to get some pike and walleye. What lake do you guys recommend thats near gp that i can get around in with a small inflatable row boat. Also how big is sturgeon lake cause i heard that has pike in it also.
Im waiting until spring to go fishing right when the ice is melting around may and june cause i heard that was the best time to fish around here.

GummyMonster
02-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Evening Bruce,
I haven't been out in a bit , but had decent luck at Snipe a couple weeks ago.As far as the road, we drove out to both sides of the lake with our mini van even last spring when the roads were getting a bit soft, so your car should be no problem. As for driving on the lake, I will leave that up to your judgement when you get there.If you go straight east of Sunset House, there is a lake access and bit of a parking lot right by the twp road, but I think people are fishing a fair ways down the lake on this side. The road to the campground on the north side is more of an oilfield road but it was no problem with our mini van either.On the campground side, most people were fishing to the right of the boat launch within easy walking distance. The roads to sturgeon are paved to the lakeside, so no worries there.If you search some past posts on these lakes, there is a bit of info as far as where to go on the lakes.

In the summer, a good inflatable would work fine I am sure. I do know that storms come up really quick on both lakes, so watching the weather is a must no matter what boat you use.
Let us know how you do and good luck.
Hope this helps.
:DKen:D

bruce44
02-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Evening Bruce,
I haven't been out in a bit , but had decent luck at Snipe a couple weeks ago.As far as the road, we drove out to both sides of the lake with our mini van even last spring when the roads were getting a bit soft, so your car should be no problem. As for driving on the lake, I will leave that up to your judgement when you get there.If you go straight east of Sunset House, there is a lake access and bit of a parking lot right by the twp road, but I think people are fishing a fair ways down the lake on this side. The road to the campground on the north side is more of an oilfield road but it was no problem with our mini van either.On the campground side, most people were fishing to the right of the boat launch within easy walking distance. The roads to sturgeon are paved to the lakeside, so no worries there.If you search some past posts on these lakes, there is a bit of info as far as where to go on the lakes.

In the summer, a good inflatable would work fine I am sure. I do know that storms come up really quick on both lakes, so watching the weather is a must no matter what boat you use.
Let us know how you do and good luck.
Hope this helps.
:DKen:D

thanks so much for the info. I only fished for trout all my life. rainbow, bull and from time to time squaw fish. Last june my family brought me to shaws pointe in lesser slave. it was the first time i have ever fished for pike and walleye and i was hooked. Im going ice fishing in sturgeon lake this sunday so i hope i catch something.