PDA

View Full Version : Extra Special Thanks to Sandalius & jts1

DarkAisling
02-14-2010, 08:03 AM
A thanks to the "power auger guys" was tucked inside another thread, but I just wanted to say it again.

I can't begin to express how thankful I am for the holes you've drilled for us. You take time out of your own fishing time, use your own fuel and oil, and suffer wear and tear on your pricey equipment to help out fellow anglers. Your generosity adds tremendously to our enjoyment of our fishing adventures.

jts1 drilled our six holes out a Gull, and Sandalius drilled our seven holes yesterday. There was another gentlemen who drilled holes for us out at Badger one day, but I don't know if he was a forum member or not. If he was, I didn't get his handle.

Anyway, thanks so much guys!

honda450
02-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey Dark how come ya never signed up for the fly swap yet?:wave:

tonyflyfish
02-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Don't say to much about JTS and the mean wolf! Their heads will get big.
You have to watch those two very closely or they do thing like:
start a thread of great fishing spots in Alberta
marinate and BBQ for you
invite you along to fish a new spot
organize a gathering
supply you with some goodies for the freezer
things like that
Jeff has been so bad that he actually has to get married now so he has someone to guide him!
They are two very good persons-the world needs more like them (and Lindsay for cooking cabbage rolls)

DarkAisling
02-14-2010, 04:52 PM
:lol: TFF . . . and that comes from the man who'll drive 300kms round trip to loan out his bbq. :)

Sandalius
02-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Your Welcome Shelly :D

jts1
02-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey you bet anytime. Point of interest I used Glens auger :innocent: And yes Tony I have 3 weeks left Then I get a life time sentence of matrimony incarceration :evilgrin: And them cabbage rolls may be part of the reason why

DarkAisling
02-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Hey you bet anytime. Point of interest I used Glens auger :innocent:

Oh oh. I don't remember who Glen is. I'm sure I'd recognize his face, but I can't connect face and name. I'm not very good with names.

And yes Tony I have 3 weeks left Then I get a life time sentence of matrimony incarceration :evilgrin: And them cabbage rolls may be part of the reason why

Congratulations :) While matrimony may feel like incarceration at times . . . at least you found someone who is willing to put up with you on a daily basis :lol:

flygirrl
02-15-2010, 07:49 AM
To often we are to busy to help or to want to help others around us. We tend to be all out for ourselves and what we can gain. But every now and then you will find people that have great enjoyment in helping others and making sure people around them enjoy themselves. JST1 and Sundalius are two of them. There are a great many more on this site that are there for others as well as they have proven time after time at these gatherings.. Its great to see people that can come together and help out and have a great time doing it. Hopfully this will continue now and in the future. Some great friends are made here, good times and great laughs and that is what it is about..
I still have your pink wire worms JST1 and I will save them for you lol.

DarkAisling
02-15-2010, 08:08 AM
To often we are to busy to help or to want to help others around us. We tend to be all out for ourselves and what we can gain. But every now and then you will find people that have great enjoyment in helping others and making sure people around them enjoy themselves.

No kidding. I was so thankful on Saturday.

I'd discovered that part of my hand auger had gone missing in the truck (the butterfly screw that holds the handle and the bit together). So that was useless to me. I wandered over to Mr. Christie to see if I could borrow his hand auger . . . but it turned out that Sandalius was just a few feet away with his gas auger in hand.

The ice was pretty thick . . . I think it would have thawed before we got seven holes drilled through it with a hand auger.

ctd
02-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Glad to hear of great sportsmanship on the ice.

New Hunter Okotoks
02-17-2010, 08:13 PM
I have a power auger and when someone shows up nearby with a handcrank I automatically offer to drill holes for them.It takes next to no time and to me this is just common courtesy exchanged between outdoor enthusiasts.I would feel like a tool watching someone handcranking holes while I sat there with a power auger on the tailgate.

I'm glad there are others out there like Sandalius and jts1.

I think the "real fishermen drill their own holes " comment was probably just a joke.

FishBrain
02-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Hey you bet anytime. Point of interest I used Glens auger :innocent: And yes Tony I have 3 weeks left Then I get a life time sentence of matrimony incarceration :evilgrin: And them cabbage rolls may be part of the reason why

Hey Jeff, you fo know the 3 rings of marriage right?
first the engagement ring
then the wedding ring
and last is the suffer-ring
LMAO
Good luck on your new life, it will be a good one.

And yes I will thank you guys for drilling for us as well!!! Sure made the satrt of the day alot easier. Hope I can repay you guys somehow