PDA

View Full Version : snipe lake ice fishing

bruce44
02-14-2010, 05:51 PM
i have never been ice fishing before and i want to take it up. I want to try snipe lake now i was wondering a few things. How much snow is on the actual lake and on the roads towards there. I drive a toyota tercel so im wondering if i need a truck to get there. The last thing i want is to get stuck in the middle of the lake with my small car. I was just thinking of borrowing my friends auger and driving out onto the lake. If my car cant go on the lake i was just thinking of walking on the lake carrying the auger.

jrcw
02-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Sturgeon would be easier to get onto. Just drive to the boat launch at Young's Point Prov Park. You can walk out from there. Snipe is acessible East of Sunset House and you can park and walk on there. You can also walk on and fish right at the boat launch at the campground on the north end of the lake. I wouldn't take a 2wd car on the ice unless you have a second vehicle available to tow you out if you get stuck. Your fishing trip could end in a major headache otherwise. Tight lines!

noisy mouse
02-16-2010, 10:54 AM
I was out to Snipe on Sunday and the south side had very little snow on it and it looked as if you could drive a car anywhere on it. The north side has alot more snow, but i saw at least 2 cars driving around on the very well beaten paths.

snipes
02-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I was out to Snipe on Sunday and the south side had very little snow on it and it looked as if you could drive a car anywhere on it. The north side has alot more snow, but i saw at least 2 cars driving around on the very well beaten paths.

How was the fishing.

noisy mouse
02-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Slow but steady. Three to four fish an hour. Perch ranging from .5 to 1.5lbs and pike from 3 to 20lbs (the guy i was with didnt land this one but did get it's head up the hole before the line snapped). Lots of people there too.

snipes
02-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Nice perch

thanks for info

bruce44
02-17-2010, 04:49 AM
what setup do you guys use. Im taking my wife out ice fishing for the first time in snipe also and i want her to have a good experience and some fun. In the summer i use minnows on a jig head. Will that work and do you guys have any other tips

Wayner
03-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Slow but steady. Three to four fish an hour. Perch ranging from .5 to 1.5lbs and pike from 3 to 20lbs (the guy i was with didnt land this one but did get it's head up the hole before the line snapped). Lots of people there too.
Were you out this winter 2012 or was this post from last year?

Rockymtnx
03-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi Wayner,
If you take a look in the top right hand corner of the post you will see that this is from over 2 years ago.

Wayner
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Hi Wayner,
If you take a look in the top right hand corner of the post you will see that this is from over 2 years ago.

Thanks Rockymtnx, I just joined and wasn't sure how this works.
Wondering if anybody is fishing Snipe Lake for perch this winter and are they biting.