PDA

View Full Version : Fire on ice?

jpietrzak1979
02-14-2010, 07:15 PM
I was out fishing friday night at chip lake and was surprised to see a dozen fires going on the lake itself. I am curious is this legal? I would have thought that is polluting the lake. Not to mention I never seen that anywhere else or does it change from lake to lake as to if that is ok.
Jason

fishstix
02-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Fire on ice is probably ok unless the fire is started with gas or diesel. The fact that burnt wood will be left behind, this already happens when there is a forest fire. I dont think its much of an issue.

Fishstix!!

HILLYBILLYBARRY
02-14-2010, 07:39 PM
i beleave it is ok if you have it contained to a burning barral or homemade fire pit of some sort or wood stove then ya can take your leftovers with ya and no poloution to the lake or surounding areas.

Mudslide
02-14-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that wood ash turns to lye when mixed with water so it's not good to leave burnt wood and ashes on the ice. The fire itself is not really an issue.

tacklerunner
02-15-2010, 06:52 AM
i'm pretty sure that wood ash turns to lye when mixed with water so it's not good to leave burnt wood and ashes on the ice. The fire itself is not really an issue.

209x50
02-15-2010, 08:59 AM
From the CO who checked us.
Fire is legal, please don't leave extra wood on the ice.

alcesalces4
02-15-2010, 11:39 AM
From the CO who checked us.
Fire is legal, please don't leave extra wood on the ice.

X2 on that as I know a guy that drove through a drift that turned out to be hiding a block of wood frozen into the ice from a fire. It was a very very expensive fishing trip as the block of wood turned out to much stronger than his dodge:evilgrin:...