PDA

View Full Version : lake thaw in the okanogan?

gpguy7
02-14-2010, 07:58 PM
hey guys, just curious as when the lakes in the okanogan thaw? vaseux, osoyoos, and other bass lakes. I'm wanting to head down there in april or may to get some fishing in. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

kreator
02-14-2010, 08:14 PM
You won't have to worry about it if you're going in April or May, that's for sure.

perchie15
02-14-2010, 08:18 PM
hell even march!! I was down there once and end of febuary couple years ago.. and wasnt much ice left at all... also depends on the weather to so who knows!!

jimbo79
02-16-2010, 04:53 PM
You will be g2g, I'm not sure the bass fishing will be on then though. The higher elevation lakes are usually ice free for may long.

walking buffalo
02-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Open water won't be your problem, catching bass could be. Water will still be too cold for good fishing.

No harm in trying... have fun!

Hint ..... Bass are like Bikinis .... same seasons.:lol:

gpguy7
02-17-2010, 02:30 AM
Depends on the spring is what I've been hearing from buddies in B.C. winter has been pretty mild, so they are saying the spawn could be earlier. I'm not too concerned it's more or less to get away for a week during breakup and to get the boat out on its maiden voyage with the little brother.

And buffalo, the bikinis aren't my biggest concern down there, I'm heading to mexico mid april as well, where I'm sure I will see plenty of trophies!!

3jetboat
02-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Lived there until i was 23 used to go out fishing for big rainbows in jan feb would have to pull up on shore once in a while to nock off the ice on the boat not to often does she freeze over. i heard may was better for the bass.

walking buffalo
02-17-2010, 11:20 AM
GPGUY7

I'm envious of both your trips. I lived in Penticton for 15 years, on the beach. Love fishing all those lakes.

please post pics of all the trophies you catch or see. :lol:

jimbo79
02-17-2010, 04:49 PM
I lived in Pen for a spell also! And if even if you don't catch, it's still a good time for sure!! Have fun, I wish I could go......