PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake turned on!!!!

fluxcore
02-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Went to gull this morning and me and my daughters limited out in 1/2 an hour, we were home and un packed by noon:lol: we would of stayed longer but the pike action wasen't as fast and the kids get bored easily, Im also not into catching and stressing out the perch while there full of eggs and were not going to be keeping them. Had a great day now I cant wait for next weekend. I guess its time to get started on cleaning these fish:rolleyes:

KILO 275
02-15-2010, 01:56 PM
That's great that Gull's picking up. I'm assuming when you say you caught your limit you're talking whitefish.

kodiakken
02-15-2010, 02:09 PM
fluxcore great to hear 3 of us went out 4 hours and caught 3 and lost 3.
Seen no Jack, ling or perch.

Ken.

fluxcore
02-15-2010, 02:31 PM
That's great that Gull's picking up. I'm assuming when you say you caught your limit you're talking whitefish.

Nope perch, lots and lots of perch and good size ones

highwood
02-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Just curious, what's considered good size for perch out of Gull Lake?

go-big-or-go-home
02-15-2010, 05:03 PM
i caught this baby out of there 2 fridays ago, only thing i got all day tho lol

fluxcore
02-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Just curious, what's considered good size for perch out of Gull Lake?

12" or so, like these ones caught 2 weeks ago on Gull;) we did allot better today but never brought the camera. I've heard of some monster perch pulled out of gull but havent managed to catch one myself...YET..... I have seen a HUGE one crusing aroung by itself while we were fishing for pike in 8ft of water, it swam off and we never seen another one it must have been a loner.

firegod74
02-15-2010, 05:42 PM
12" or so, like these ones caught 2 weeks ago on Gull;) we did allot better today but never brought the camera. I've heard of some monster perch pulled out of gull but havent managed to catch one myself...YET..... I have seen a HUGE one crusing aroung by itself while we were fishing for pike in 8ft of water, it swam off and we never seen another one it must have been a loner.

That is one happy looking kid!

tchow
02-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Your daughter's smile tells it all... Great job and thanks for sharing

dodger
02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Nice post, thanks for sharing !!!
Dodger.

bucktaker
02-15-2010, 07:04 PM
flux that picture is priceless

Fisherguy
02-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Looks Great. Was that on the north end? I've been catching white on the north end on the east side in about 12 feet, also caught some nice perch straight out from the boat launch at Raymond Shores. The north end seems to be doing way better than the south west side.