PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Lake

Elk Chaser
02-15-2010, 05:15 PM
The fish are on the soft bite, we started at 1130 and finished at 330 and we had managed to get a ling cod (3lbs) and a pike (3lbs) above the ice and lost a fair amount of bait. We were in 20 - 25 ft of water.

It was nice day for a family outing.

The Anvil
02-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Hey Elk Chaser,

Were you by any chance the gentleman I spoke with today? On the far east side of the Lake near the boat launch. I spoke with someone who had caught a ling today. Very nice guy I may add.

I was driving a Blue Dakota.

Was out with the Wifey today, she is still going on about how she out fished me..lol between the two of us 7 pike on the ice, a few lost at the hole.
My tipup was getting hit but could not get a decent hook set.

Elk Chaser
02-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Busted, we had a great day, hope that you caught something.

The Anvil
02-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Well,

It was a pleasure to meet you.
I hope that we were not by anyway shape rude or at all intrusive. I appreciate the conversation we had.:wave: I tried very hard to catch a burbot but no luck. It is always a pleasure to meet friendly people on the Ice.

We went a bit further and the better half was leary about going out to far, seeing how it was a new lake to us. So we decided to turn back and set up on some holes that were pre drilled. Saves me the energy of hand drilling more with my 6ich auger:) I hope we gave enough room.

Over all we did catch a few pike. I was outfished by my sweetheart who reminded me again when she woke up this morning.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/IceAnvil/SSA53325.jpg

One of the caught and release pike.

Cheers!
Anvil