PDA

View Full Version : Egg shells considered chumming??

GummyMonster
02-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Morning,
I was given a tip to dump crushed eggshells down the hole when sight fishing in deep or murky water, to reflect light.
My question : could this be considered chumming or baiting, which would be illegal?
Thanx in advance
:evilgrin:Ken:evilgrin:

RedFisher
02-16-2010, 11:12 AM
no not illegal ... but doesnt work all that well... tryed it with perch and pike... so so....

Dakota369
02-16-2010, 11:33 AM
It does work in deeper (10 + feet) of water that has a sandy or lighter colored bottom. It allows you to see the shadow of the fish over them, as in " gee, I thought I had some nice white eggshells down there but now all I can see is bottom .......oh wait a sec now I can see them again..... hmmmmmm). It can help but doesn't make things easier per say, just a bit more exciting as in "well I didn't catch nothi'n but I saw a few!!"

bessiedog
02-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Used to do it fishing whitefish in pigeon and wabamun when I wuz a kid.

Seems to attract more fish... more light.
Haven't done it in a while as I'm not close to whitefish lakes.

bd

The Anvil
02-16-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't think that is chumming,

A gentleman I met over the weekend mentioned that its a trick to lure in burbot???

I have never tried it but have chipped out frozen holes when I was a kid out fishing with dad to see egg shells at the bottom.

ULTRAlite
02-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Grew up using eggshells to sight fish for pike and trout. Never considered what were doing as chumming?!? Still use it now and then while fishing shallow enough to see bottom.

GummyMonster
02-16-2010, 03:14 PM
thanx guys.
:evilgrin:ken:D