PDA

View Full Version : Touchwood/Spencer report

kreator
02-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Made it out to Touchwood/Spencer for the second time in 2 weeks. Lots of Walleye on Spencer, but nothing big enough to keep. Tried for some Perch on Touchwood and couldn't locate them. Most interesting part of the trip was the floodwater just out from the boat launch on Touchwood. Took me by surprise, as the area was fine when we went across in the morning, but completely flooded when we came back. Thought I hit thin ice and we were going to have to swim out! Needed a change of ginch after that one. I hammered the throttle on the quad and after sinking down a foot in some places we eventually reached the shore.

kreator
02-16-2010, 09:38 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/aarondavies/IMG_8528.jpg

nicemustang
02-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Crazy! That's is a lot of flood water, glad it wasn't worse.

"Needed a change of ginch after that one." LOL!

hddeuce
02-16-2010, 09:49 PM
I had heard there were trucks driving into spencer.from your pictures I would find that hard to believe. there doesnt appear to be enough snow to take in a sled, i guess just quads. your thoughts?

kreator
02-16-2010, 10:48 PM
There were lots of trucks and sleds on Spencer. I don't like taking a vehicle across Touchwood, but lots of guys were doing it. There is more snow on Touchwood than those pictures suggest. My quad was getting bogged down in some places.

Wolf Tracker
02-17-2010, 06:35 AM
sure looks nasty-glad you didn't go for a swim

sco22
02-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Wow! That really surprises me. How was Spencer for flood water? I was heading there this weekend to make sure things look good for March, but I have to go down East now. It will have to wait to next weekend. Plus I want to try Dabbs.

We hit terrible flood water there 3 years ago - like what you have. Just miserable.

I am sure we know the lake about the same, but if you PM me I can tell you where I found the perch in Touchwood.

Cheers.

kreator
02-17-2010, 11:30 AM
There was no flood water on Spencer that I saw. The rest of Touchwood seemed to be fine, too. Then again, that overflow on Touchwood literally popped up in a day, so who knows. We quadded right over that area on the way to Spencer and it was fine.

There were guys fishing around the Touchwood narrows in trucks. There is the typical heave that runs along the narrows and we weren't brave enough to go near it.