PDA

View Full Version : Some B.C. Cuthroat Action

Chet
08-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I finally made it out to the Elk River this year. I can barely tolerate the license fee but it sure is a nice river. It took a while for the fish to wake up and eat some bugs on the top but they eventually came around.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/OutdoorChet/ElkRiverCutty07.jpg

Chet

honda450
08-13-2007, 01:36 PM
We caught alot of cutthroat down in that neck of the woods this summer but on the Alberta side. We also got 4 bulls that went for our cutthroats as we reeled them in, what a fight for the same fish. Usually the bull won and took the cutthroat. Just watching that was a thrill. I know what you mean about fishing reqiurements in BC, its crazy, yet so easy for them when they come to Alberta.

59whiskers
08-14-2007, 10:09 PM
With the licencing requirements and catch and release stream fishing in BC is very good. Lots of guides and clients fish the Elk River and tributaries. The BC government is taking full advantage of tourist dollars by nailing non-residents the daily classified waters licence of 20 bucks or so. I think it is time the Alberta government do the same as BC and charge nonresidents a similar fee to fish our best waters.

Jigger
08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Thats an awesome lookin fish man.