PDA

View Full Version : Winefred Lake

beermilk
02-17-2010, 03:11 PM
heading there this weekend to do some fishing. staying at the lodge.

just wondering what i should try using there. i see it says in the regs there is a bait ban. so what would you guys recommend for pike and walleye. they will be the main target.

and maybe some perch/whitefish if we get on any. not to sure what the populations of thoes are in the lake

unclebuck
02-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Just cruise the lake and pull the subsistence fishermen's nets!!!:innocent::lol: I have had good luck with a 5 of diamonds.

Safety D
02-17-2010, 07:34 PM
#2 five of diamonds will slay them !!!!

beermilk
02-18-2010, 02:30 PM
thx for the respones guys. i was starting to think no one was gonna anwser :)

i have lots of len thompson 5 o diamonds #2 size is my fav in the summer aswell.

as for the nets maybe we could pull one if we get skunked lol just kidding

Walleyes
02-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Although the lake is not what it once was do to the population increase in fort mac it still is a fun lake with some nice fish.

Take a hand full of Mister Twister's with yah that should get some of those big eyes interested.. I wouldn't worry about getting info on here,, I don't mean that in a rude way but if you are staying at the lodge they will be more than happy to put you on what is hot,, its their business.. I would suggest leaving nothing behind..

You do know that when you fish with a mister twister on a lake with a bait ban that the rubber on a mister twister has the awfull tendency to get rubbed really hard on a caught fish and pick up its scent ;) ;) you know just case you cared..

Good luck,, and take the camera its been about 3 years since I have been to Winefred and I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the old girl,, the lake I mean...

beermilk
02-18-2010, 09:06 PM
thanks walleyes. and yes we will be staying at the lodge just figured i check what people on hear tought of the lake and if anyone has fished it lately.

the email they sent my father says there catching some big fish lately.

and i am thinking about swinging over to grist for a few hours one of thoes days were there i have never caught a laker befor.

anways i gotta hit the bunk leavin 7 am tomorrow morning :)

thanks everone for the info