PDA

View Full Version : Eskimo auger blade sharpening

MoFugger21
02-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Hey guys, I've got a set of BB8 8" turbo blades for an 8"(obv) Barracuda power auger. (bottom blade in pic)

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/Eskimo_AugerBlade_BB8_BB6_small.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a place in southern Alberta (Lethbridge area preferably) a guy can take them to to get sharpened?

The guy I talked to from Faber Sharpening in Coaldale said they couldn't do them because of the curved contour of the blades themselves. He also said that finding someone that does blades like these, is almost impossible for the same reason (curved contour).

Just wondering if anyone has similar blades and where they go to get them sharpened. Thanks

Mudslide
02-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Last time I was at Carbide saw sharpening in Bowness he showed me a box full of curved blades he had just done for someone else. He was really great to deal with. He did mine same day because I was from out of town. Went shopping and when I came back they were done. Good work and good price. A little bit out of your way though.

MoFugger21
02-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Last time I was at Carbide saw sharpening in Bowness he showed me a box full of curved blades he had just done for someone else. He was really great to deal with. He did mine same day because I was from out of town. Went shopping and when I came back they were done. Good work and good price. A little bit out of your way though.

Ya Calgary is a little out of the way, but I'll definitely keep that in mind for when we go up there next time. Carbide Saw Sharpening is the name of the business?

Mudslide
02-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Carbide Saw Service Calgary 6527 Bowness Rd NW, Calgary
(403) 288-4142

madatter
02-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Place in Redcliff sharpens ice auger blades,had lots done there.
L and B sharpening I believe its called.
403-548-3737
Not any closer than Calgary tho....

jacob1202
02-18-2010, 07:46 PM
have u looked into the price of new blades??? i think we sell them for just over 20$

Watchme
02-18-2010, 07:47 PM
yup the best place you will ever find is prop master he is a pro he is in airdrie check out his website i swear by this guy. you can sent it by bus like a lot of his customer do.

MoFugger21
02-18-2010, 08:05 PM
have u looked into the price of new blades??? i think we sell them for just over 20$

I'm not worried about price of buying new ones, just thought if I could find someone close by to sharpen my old ones it would be just as easy.

Oh, and you'll have to specify who the "we" is that sell new ones, lol.

yup the best place you will ever find is prop master he is a pro he is in airdrie check out his website i swear by this guy. you can sent it by bus like a lot of his customer do.

Do you have the web address?