PDA

View Full Version : Peace river??

Redfrog
08-13-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm going hunting on the Peace, north of Peace River for about 10 days. Any tips for fishing the river mid September would be appreciated.
We will be jet boating and camping.

pickrel pat
08-15-2007, 11:29 PM
i lived in manning 1 hour north of p.r. for 35 years. by sept the river is ussually fairly clear so casting jigs and crankbaits can really produce. any creek or river mouth entering the peace is a good bet. depending how far north your going some of my favorite spots include whitemud, notikewan on the west side of river and the little cadotte on the east side. some big walleyes in the peace. the goldeye are the biggest i have seen in any river system. if water is not clear throw on a pickrel rig. good luck. the scenery is awsome!

pickrel pat
02-13-2012, 01:41 AM
so? did you go fishing?

Saskson
09-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Pickrel Pat,
Thinking about heading up to the Peace north of Peace River next fall
and I was wondering where we can put a jet boat in the river north
of the city? Does Notikewin Park have an actual launch?

Redfrog
09-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Pickrel Pat,
Thinking about heading up to the Peace north of Peace River next fall
and I was wondering where we can put a jet boat in the river north
of the city? Does Notikewin Park have an actual launch?

nope

KegRiver
09-23-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm going hunting on the Peace, north of Peace River for about 10 days. Any tips for fishing the river mid September would be appreciated.
We will be jet boating and camping.

Stop by for a chat.

Fishing has been slow, but I did catch a good size Walleye down at the park the other day.

As you say, no boat launch at the park these days.

Saskson Nearest public place north would be Tomkins Landing.

I'm not sure but there might be a launch at Diashowa.

All the other places are private and not actually boat launches, just places people put in boats. They aren't on any maps and the way in can be hard to describe.

BDRG
09-23-2013, 07:54 PM
There is no place to launch at Diashowa, but you could put in at the whitemud.

lannie
09-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Stop by for a chat.

Fishing has been slow, but I did catch a good size Walleye down at the park the other day.

As you say, no boat launch at the park these days.

Saskson Nearest public place north would be Tomkins Landing.

I'm not sure but there might be a launch at Diashowa.

All the other places are private and not actually boat launches, just places people put in boats. They aren't on any maps and the way in can be hard to describe.
Keg- THat is a 6 year old post.

KegRiver
09-24-2013, 06:21 AM

I see, shoulda read the whole thread I guess.

Still Saskson's question is current, from one day ago.

The Whitemud launch is another one of those private launches that are hard to find if you don't know the neighborhood.

One other issue worth mentioning. The Peace is a big river but it is also treacherous. There are sandbars that can strand a jet far from shore.

Dacotensis
09-24-2013, 11:07 AM
This has to be the oldest thread revival on AO

mxer117
09-24-2013, 01:01 PM

:lol:

Wow, that's funny!

KegRiver
09-25-2013, 12:03 AM
Yeah, not sure why Saskson chose to revive it instead of starting his own thread.

Maybe he didn't notice the date of the OP. I know that is the last thing I look at.

Too many threads to look at to go over every last detail.

I look at the last few posts and comment or move on. It's the only way when one has just and hour or so a day to look at as many threads as possible.

Saskson
10-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Definately missed the date on that one!!!

Saskson
10-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Any easy directions to the most likely spot I can get a 26' boat in?
Running up from PR isn't out of the question either but would mean putting
a drum of fuel in the boat.

chad66
07-14-2015, 07:52 PM
I see, shoulda read the whole thread I guess.

Still Saskson's question is current, from one day ago.

The Whitemud launch is another one of those private launches that are hard to find if you don't know the neighborhood.

One other issue worth mentioning. The Peace is a big river but it is also treacherous. There are sandbars that can strand a jet far from shore.

Is this info still current?

I might like to put my boat in the Peace River around your neck of the woods and make my way downstream to Fort Vermilion in about a week. I'm use to launching it "over the bank" so to speak as there are few proper facilities available to use down north here.
Chad